Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|California State Assembly District 9|
|Place of birth||Murray, UT|
Amador's campaign website listed the following issues:
- Fiscal Responsibility
- Excerpt: "The current spending spree at all levels of government is unsustainable, and can only lead to the ruin of our country. Though often said, there is fundamental truth in the old saying “you cannot tax your way to prosperity.”"
- Safety and Correctional Reform
- Excerpt: "One of the greatest responsibilities of an elected representative is to ensure the safety of its citizens. Fool-hardy and mindless release of state prisoners into the general populace is akin to using a meat axe to trim “government waste”. Rather than balance the budget by across the board percentage reductions of services, a reckoning of why government exists, needs to be done."
- High Speed Rail
- Excerpt: "The emphasis that is being placed on developing a rapid transit system from San Francisco to Los Angeles is burdened with cost over-runs that are wasting Californians share of taxes to fulfill a boondoggle. State and Federal transportation funds can be better utilized to improve our state high-ways."
- Excerpt: "I am Pro-Life. I will support that position on any measure that comes before me in the Legislature. The institution of marriage is the bedrock of our society and is rightly defined as the lawful union of one man and one woman. I will resist all attempts to change this definition and any tax or regulatory policies that punish or weaken the families of America."
- Water, Energy and Farms
- Excerpt: "The 9th Assembly District is part of the bread basket of California and the Nation. Our farmers are over-regulated. California’s CAL OSHA, EPA, Department of Food and Agriculture and others are many times the problem and not the solution to farming. Water and energy are the engines of our region’s prosperity."
- Excerpt: "One of the biggest public investments we should make is in the education of our children. The biggest expense in California’s budget is the education budget. However, we are not getting our money’s worth."
Amador ran in the 2012 election for California State Assembly District 9. He advanced past the June 5, 2012 blanket primary, defeating Tom Santos (D), Edward Nemeth (R), Sophia Gonzales Scherman (R), and C.T. Weber (Peace and Freedom). Amador was defeated by incumbent Richard Pan (D) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|California State Assembly, District 9, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Richard Pan Incumbent||58.9%||86,092|
|Republican||Antonio "Tony" Amador||41.1%||60,136|
Amador and his wife, Evelia, have four children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Antonio + Amador + California + Assembly"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found