|Rhode Island House of Representatives District 30|
|January 2, 2017|
|Years in position||2|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 8, 2016|
|Associates||Community College of Rhode Island|
|Date of birth||February 5, 1962|
|Place of birth||Vieste, Italy|
|Profession||President of A.G. & G Inc.|
Giarrusso earned his associate’s degree from the Community College of Rhode Island in 1982. His professional experience includes serving as president of A.G. & G Inc., a jewelry manufacturer.
2015 legislative session
At the beginning of the 2015 legislative session, Giarrusso served on the following committees:
|Rhode Island Committee Assignments, 2015|
In the 2013-2014 legislative session, Giarrusso served on the following committees:
|Rhode Island Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Small Business|
Giarrusso has stated, "I am from an immigrant family that moved to Rhode Island when I was four. This country has offered me great opportunities, and I have been able to build a sizeable company and provide good jobs for more than 100 people.
I'm running to ensure those opportunities remain in place. To do that, we need to continue to emphasize education. We need to create a welcoming environment for business. And we have to force government to begin to operate in a professional manner."
Elections for the office of Rhode Island House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on September 9, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was June 25, 2014. Incumbent Antonio Giarrusso was unopposed in the Republican primary. Mark Weiner was removed from the ballot before the Democratic primary. Giarrusso was unchallenged in the general election.
Giarrusso won election in the 2012 election for Rhode Island House of Representatives District 30. Giarrusso defeated Emil Fachon and Robert B. Bolton in the September 11 Republican primary and defeated Mark Schwager (D) and Kevin J. Mcdonough (I) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Rhode Island House of Representatives, District 30 Republican Primary, 2012|
Comprehensive donor information for Antonio Giarrusso is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Antonio Giarrusso raised a total of $14,010 during that time period. This information was last updated on August 2, 2013.
|Antonio Giarrusso's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Rhode Island House of Representatives, District 30||$14,010|
|Grand Total Raised||$14,010|
2012Antonio Giarrusso won re-election to the Rhode Island House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Antonio Giarrusso raised a total of $14,010.
|Rhode Island House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Antonio Giarrusso's campaign in 2012|
|Russell & Carrey Jeffrey||$1,000|
|Rhode Island Republican Party||$750|
|Stephen J Digianflippo||$500|
|Total Raised in 2012||$14,010|
|Source: Follow the Money|
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
- American Civil Liberties Union of Rhode Island: 2013-2014 Voting Record
- Legislators are scored based on their votes on bills related to civil liberties.
- Common Cause: 2013-2014 Legislative Scorecard
- Legislators are scored based on votes on government reform.
- Rhode Island Center for Freedom and Prosperity: 2013 Session Freedom Index
- Legislators are scored based on their votes on bills deemed to have an effect on free-market, small-government, or constitutional principles.
- National Federation of Independent Business in Rhode Island: 2013-2014 Voting Record
- Legislators are scored on their votes on key small business issues.
Giarrusso and his wife, Janet, have four children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Antonio + Giarrusso + Rhode Island + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Rhode Island House of Representatives
- House Committees
- Rhode Island General Assembly
- Joint Committees
- Rhode Island state legislative districts
- Profile from the Rhode Island House of Representatives
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2012
- Project Vote Smart, "Rep. Giarrusso," accessed June 10, 2014
- East Greenwich Patch, "Anthony Giarrusso," accessed August 20, 2012
- Rhode Island Secretary of State, "Candidates for Representative in General Assembly," accessed June 30, 2014
- Rhode Island Secretary of State, "2014 Statewide Primary Results: Representative in General Assembly," accessed September 26, 2014
- Rhode Island Board of Elections, "Official 2014 general election results," accessed December 4, 2014
- Candidates in Upcoming Elections, "Rhode Island Secretary of State," accessed July 10, 2012
- State of Rhode Island Board of Elections, "2012 Statewide Primary Results," accessed June 10, 2014
- State of Rhode Island Board of Elections, "2012 Statewide General Election Results," accessed June 10, 2014
- followthemoney.org, "Giarrusso, Antonio," accessed August 2, 2013
Robert Watson (R)
|Rhode Island House of Representatives - District 30
| Succeeded by|