Appleton Area Bond (2009)
The referendum asked the voters to approve issuing debt in the amount of $5,000,000. The expected average tax impact would be approximately $0.08 (ranging from $0.02 to $0.12) per thousand dollars of assessed home value per year beginning in the 2009-10 school year and continuing for eight years.
The additional money was slated to be used to improve school site security and technology infrastructure.
Wording of referendum
cost of improving school building safety and technology system security
- Appleton school referendum tops Tuesday's primary election ballot, Post Crescent, February 15, 2009
- Larry Musich column: Referendum is plan that's worth support, Post Crescent, February 15, 2009
- Letters: Teachers' union has to give to save jobs, Post Crescent, February 13, 2009
- Supporting tax hike during a recession a dilemma for Appleton voters weighing school referendum decision, Post Crescent, February 10, 2009
- Appleton Area School District:Referendum Basics (dead link)
- Give us your questions about Appleton Area School District referendum, Post Crescent, January 11, 2009
- Few attend first Appleton school district referendum forum (dead link), Post Crescent, January 15, 2009
- Appleton board to decide on school referendum proposal Monday, Post Crescent, December 6, 2008