For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
Ari Abraham Porth
|Ari Abraham Porth|
|Current Court Information:|
|Florida Seventeenth Circuit Court|
|Preceded by:||Richard D. Eade|
|Past position:||State Representative, Florida House of Representatives District 96|
|Past position:||Assistant State Attorney, Broward County|
|Past position 2:||1995-2012|
|Law School:||Nova Southeastern University|
|Candidate for:||Seventeenth Circuit Court|
|Election information 2012:|
|Primary date:||August 14, 2012|
- 1 Judicial elections
- 2 Education
- 3 Career
- 4 Legislative elections
- 5 See also
- 6 External links
- 7 References
- See also: Florida judicial elections, 2012
- 2013-2019: Judge, Seventeenth Circuit Court
- 2004-2012: State Representative, Florida House of Representatives District 96
- 1995-2012: Assistant State Attorney, Broward County
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Porth served on these committees:
- Health & Human Services
- Judiciary, Ranking Minority Member
- Rules & Calendar
- Subcommittee on Criminal Justice
- Subcommittee on Health and Human Services Access
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Porth served on these committees:
- Criminal & Civil Justice Appropriations Committee
- Health Care Regulation Policy Committee (Ranking Minority Member)
- Health & Family Services Policy Council
- Policy Council
- Select Policy Council on Strategic and Economic Planning
Porth did not provide answers to the Florida State Legislative Election 2008 Political Courage Test. The test informs voters how a candidate would vote on the issues if elected.
Porth's sponsored legislation includes:
- HB 45 - "Traffic Infractions: Provides surcharge on noncriminal moving traffic violations; provides for proceeds from such surcharge to be used to fund cost of civil traffic infraction hearing officers."
- HB 139 - "Driving Restrictions: Revises age restrictions on issuance of driver's licenses by DHSMV; prohibits issuance of driver's license to person under certain age unless driver education requirements are met; prohibits person under certain age from operating motor vehicle with more than one passenger & from operating motor vehicle during certain times"
- HB 889 - "Highway Safety: Creates "Deputy Michael Callin, Michael Haligowski, & Deputy Ryan C. Seguin Memorial Traffic Safety Act;" requires motor vehicle being driven by person whose driver license or driving privilege is canceled, suspended, revoked, or disqualified to be impounded or immobilized; provides for notice to driver, owners, insurers, & lienholders; provides for payment of costs and fees, release of motor vehicle, & sale of unclaimed motor vehicle"
For details and a full listing of sponsored bills, see the House site.
Porth ran for re-election to the 96th District seat in 2010. He did not have any opposition in the August 24 primary. Porth defeated Jason Weakley (Tea party) in the general election held November 2, 2010.
| Florida House of Representatives, District 96 |
2010 General election results
|Ari Abraham Porth (D)||24,472||71.3%|
|Jason Weakley (TEA)||9,867||28.7%|
In 2010, Porth raised $66,777 in contributions.
His four largest contributors were:
|Hospital Corp Of America||$2,000|
|Florida Hospital Association||$2,000|
|Florida Association Of Realtors||$2,000|
Below are Porth's top 5 campaign contributors in the 2008 election:
|Hospital Corporation of America||$2,000|
|Real Property Probate & Trust Law Section of the FL Bar Assoc||$1,000|
|White Rock Quarries||$500|
- Broward County, Florida
- Florida Circuit Courts
- Florida State Legislature
- Florida House of Representatives
- Florida House Committees
- Florida state legislative districts
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004
- Florida Division of Elections, "Ari Abraham Porth"
- Florida Division of Elections, "2012 Candidate Listing"
- Martindale.com, "Ari Abraham Porth - Lawyer Profile"
- Ari Abraham Porth's 2012 Campaign Page
- Project Vote Smart, "Issue positions," accessed December 16, 2014
- Florida Election Watch, "2010 Election results," accessed December 16, 2014
- Follow the Money, "2008 Contributions," accessed December 16, 2014
- Follow the Money, "2010 contributions," accessed December 23, 2013
- Follow the Money, "2008 contributions," accessed November 20, 2014
|Florida House of Representatives District 96
| Succeeded by|
Jim Waldman (D)