|Maryland House of Delegates District 16|
|January 12, 2015|
|Years in position||3|
|Elections and appointments|
|First elected||November 2, 2010|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||University of Wisconsin, Madison, 2002|
|Profession||National Campaign Director, MomsRising.Org|
Kelly earned her B.A. from the University of Wisconsin-Madison in 2002. Her previous professional experience includes working as the national campaign director for MomsRising.org.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Kelly served on these committees:
- Health & Government Operations
- Subcommittee on Insurance
- Subcommittee on Minority Health Disparities
Elections for the office of Maryland House of Delegates will take place in 2014. A primary election took place June 24, 2014. The general election will take place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 25, 2014. Marc Korman and incumbents Bill Frick and Ariana Kelly defeated Jordan P. Cooper, Peter Dennis, Hrant Jamgochian, Karen Kuker-Kihl and Gareth E. Murray in the Democratic primary, while John Andrews, Rose Maria Li and Lynda del Castillo were unopposed in the Republican primary.
Running for Maryland's House District 16, Kelly came in third in the September 14 primary election to move on to the general election.
|Maryland House of Delegates, District 16 General Election (2010)|
|C. William Frick (D)||29,813|
|Susan Lee (D)||28,768|
|Ariana Kelly (D)||28,341|
|Jeanne Allen (R)||13,533|
|Carol Bowis (R)||11,619|
|Meyer Marks (R)||10,678|
In 2010, Kelly raised $153,516 in contributions.
Her four largest contributors were:
|Kelly, Ariana M||$99,154|
Kelly and her husband, Barak, have two children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term Ariana + Kelly + Maryland + Legislature
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Maryland State Legislature
- Maryland House of Delegates
- Maryland House Committees
- Maryland Joint Committees
- Maryland House of Delegates District 16
- House website
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2010
- Maryland Secretary of State, "Official primary election candidate list," accessed March 3, 2014
- Maryland State Board of Elections, "Unofficial Results for the 2014 Gubernatorial Primary Election," accessed June 25, 2014
- Maryland Secretary of State, "Official general election results," accessed March 4, 2014
- Follow the Money, "2010 contributions," accessed December 23, 2013
State of Maryland
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Comptroller | Treasurer | Superintendent of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Secretary of Natural Resources | Secretary of Labor, Licensing and Regulation | Chairman of Public Service Commission |