Arizona Agricultural Property Tax Exemption Amendment, Proposition 102 (1994)
The Arizona Agricultural Property Tax Exemption Amendment, also known as Proposition 102 and Senate Concurrent Resolution 1004, was on the November 8, 1994 ballot in Arizona as a legislatively-referred constitutional amendment. It was approved.
This amendment to Article IX, Section 13 of the Arizona Constitution provided a personal property tax exemption for livestock, poultry, aquatic animals and honeybees to those primarily involved in agricultural production.
|Arizona Proposition 102 (1994)|
Official results via: Arizona Secretary of State
Text of measure
The text of the ballot read:
This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
|“|| OFFICIAL TITLE
Senate Concurrent Resolution 1004
Amending Arizona Constitution to provide a personal property tax exemption for livestock, poultry, aquatic animals and honeybees owned by a person primarily involved in agricultural production, subject to conditions the legislature may set.
Be it resolved by the Senate of the State of Arizona, the House of Representatives concurring:
Note: Deleted language is crossed out, added language is capitalized.
- United Dairymen of Arizona
- Southeast Arizona Chapter of the American Ostrich Association
- Arizona Ostrich/Emu Association
- United Ratite Producers of Arizona
- Ostrich Association of Arizona
- Arizona Farm Bureau
- Arizona Pork Council
- Arizona Emu Association
- Arizona Cattle Feeders' Association
Arguments in favor of the amendment include:
- The proposition would lessen the personal property tax of those in the agricultural industry.
- The tax exemption will encourage current operators to stay in Arizona and those out of state to consider re-location to Arizona.
- The public will see lower livestock food product prices.
No opposition arguments were listed in the ballot guide.
Path to the ballot
Proposition 102 was placed on the ballot by SCR 1004. House votes:
- Ayes - 55
- Nays - 3
- Not Voting - 2
- Ayes - 20
- Nays - 9
- Not Voting - 1