Arizona Secret Ballot Initiative (2010)
|Not on Ballot|
| This measure did not or |
will not appear on a ballot
Text of measure
Summary of initiative
The summary of the initiative, as stated on the Arizona Secretary of State's website, read:
- The framers of our Arizona Constitution provided that Arizona citizens should have the right to vote in elections by secret ballot. This initiative would protect that right against interference by federal, state or local governments. It places added guarantees into the Arizona Constitution that acknowledge that the right to vote by secret ballot is fundamental in elections traditionally recognized and protected by state or federal law, including elections for public office, ballot measures, and designations or authorizations of employee representation.
- "To preserve and protect the fundamental right of individuals to vote by secret ballot, where local, state, or federal law requires elections for public office or ballot measures, or requires designations or authorizations for employee representation, the right of individuals to vote by secret ballot shall be guaranteed."
Path to the ballot
The group organizing the circulation effort must have gathered the required 230,046 signatures for proposed constitutional amendments by the July 1, 2010 deadline.
- Arizona Save Our Secret Ballot Amendment, Proposition 108 (2010)
- Arizona 2010 ballot measures
- List of Arizona ballot measures