Arkansas 1956 ballot measures
- Five measures were defeated.
- Seven measures were approved.
- Two measures were legislatively-referred constitutional amendments.
- Two measures were initiated state statutes.
- Eight measures were initiated constitutional amendments.
On the ballot
|CISS||Initiated Act 1||Labor||Increase in workmen's compensation benefits|
|CISS||Initiated Act 2||Labor||Assignment of pupils in public schools|
|Amendment 43||Taxes||School tax limitation|
|Amendment 44||Labor||Municipal retirement|
|Amendment 45||Taxes||Abolition of poll tax|
|Amendment 46||Taxes||Salaries of judicial officers|
|Amendment 48||Redistricting||Legislative redistricting|
|Amendment 49||Gambling||Prohibition of dog and horse race gambling|
|Amendment 50||Gambling||Pari-mutuel wagering and horse racing in Hot Springs|
|Amendment 51||Regulation||Maximum interest rate|
|VR||Act of Interposition||Education||Federal government not allowed to exercise power over public schools|
- 1956 ballot measures
- List of Arkansas ballot measures
- Arkansas Legislature
- List of ballot measures by state
- Laws governing the initiative process in Arkansas
- Secretary of State's list of all Arkansas initiatives from 1938 to the present (dead link)
- List of Arkansas initiatives from 1912-2000 (PDF)
State of Arkansas
Little Rock (capital)
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of State | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Executive Director of Natural Resources Commission | Commissioner of State Lands| Director of Labor | Public Service Commission|