Arkansas 2008 ballot measures
- Through 2006, a total of 116 citizen-initiated ballot propositions had appeared on Arkansas's ballot since the beginning of the process in 1912.
- Of those, 54 passed and 62 failed.
- With two initiatives on the 2008 ballot, the historical total of Arkansas citizen initiatives increased to 118.
On the ballot
|LRCA||Proposed Constitutional Amendment 1||Administration of government||Gives the legislature the power to determine who can be a voting official, removes outdated language from the constitution|
|LRCA||Proposed Constitutional Amendment 2||Administration of government||No legislative appropriation shall last longer than a year and the general assembly shall meet in even-numbered years for 30-day budget sessions|
|CICA||Proposed Constitutional Amendment 3||Gaming||Establishes a state lottery to fund college scholarships|
|CSS||Proposed Initiative 1||Marriage||Bans adopting or placing minors in foster care with individuals cohabiting with a sexual partner outside of marriage|||
|LRSS||Referred Question 1||Bonds||$300 million bond for various water, irrigation, wetlands and flood control projects.|
- 2008 ballot measures
- List of Arkansas ballot measures
- Arkansas Legislature
- List of ballot measures by state
- Laws governing the initiative process in Arkansas
State of Arkansas
Little Rock (capital)
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of State | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Executive Director of Natural Resources Commission | Director of Labor | Public Service Commission|
Arkansas Freedom of Information Act | Transparency Checklist | Government corruption reports | Transparency Legislation | FOIA procedures | Transparency Advocates | State budget | Taxpayer-funded lobbying associations |
List of counties |
List of Cities |
List of School Board Districts |