Arkansas Amendment of Workmen's Compensation Law, Initiated Act No. 1 (1968)
- This statute amended the state's workmen's compensation laws.
|Arkansas Initiated Act No. 1 (1968)|
Official results via: Arkansas Secretary of State
Text of measure
The language appeared on the ballot as:
|“||An Act to amend Arkansas Statutes annotated 8l-1301 through 81-1349; to decrease to two weeks the disability period necessary before obtaining compensation for the first week of disability; to increase maximum weekly compensation benefits to $49.00; to increase maximum total compensation benefits to $19,500.00 and remove maximum Limitations on period of payment and total compensation payable on account of permanent total disability and death; to increase benefits by 15% where an injury or death is caused by the failure of an employer to comply with safety Laws; to double benefits payable on account of injury or death of minors illegally employed under minimum age Laws; to provide for reasonable expenses of vocational rehabilitation for employees with compensable permanent disability; to increase maximum total compensation benefits for facial or head disfigurement to $3,500.00 and delete requirement that such compensation be based on effect on future earning capacity; to increase maximum funeral benefits to $750.00; to start the time for filing a claim from the date of the injury rather than the date of the accident; to extend the time for filing a claim to two years after the date of death; to remove time limitations on claims for additional compensation in the form of medicine, crutches, artificial limbs and similar medical apparatus; to make an employer guilty of a misdemeanor if he discriminates against an employee on account of a claim for benefits or otherwise obstructs the filing of claims; and for other purposes.||”|
- 1968 ballot measures
- Arkansas 1968 ballot measures
- List of Arkansas ballot measures
- List of ballot measures by year
- List of ballot measures by state
- Arkansas Secretary of State, "Initiatives and Amendments 1938-2010"
- Inter-university Consortium for Political and Social Research. REFERENDA AND PRIMARY ELECTION MATERIALS [Computer file]. ICPSR ed. Ann Arbor, MI: Inter-university Consortium for Political and Social Research [producer and distributor], 1995. doi:10.3886/ICPSR00006.v1
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
State of Arkansas
Little Rock (capital)
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of State | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Executive Director of Natural Resources Commission | Commissioner of State Lands| Director of Labor | Public Service Commission|