Arkansas Equal Educational Opportunity Act, Initiated Act No. 1 (1980)
|Voting on Education|
|Not on ballot|
|1 • 2 • 3 • 4 • 5 • 6 • 7 • 8 • 9 • 10 • 11 • 12 • 13 • 14 • 15 • 16 • 17 • 18 • 19 • 20 • Schedule • Proclamation|
- This statute would have provided for minimum educational standards to be governed by the Arkansas Board of Education.
|Initiated Act No. 1 (1980)|
Official results via: Arkansas Secretary of State
Text of measure
The language appeared on the ballot as:
|“||A PROPOSED INITIATED ACT TO ESTABLISH, MAINTAIN AND ENFORCE MINIMUM STANDARDS OF EDUCATION FOR THE CHILDREN IN THE STATE REGARDLESS OF WHERE THEY LIVE, WHICH STANDARDS SHALL BE UPDATED PERIODICALLY IF DETERMINED NECESSARY BY THE STATE BOARD OF EDUCATION TO ESTABLISH THE STATE MINIMUM EDUCATIONAL STANDARDS COMMISSION WHICH SHALL SUBMIT RECOMMENDATIONS TO THE STATE BOARD OF EDUCATION FOR ITS ADOPTION REGARDING IMPLEMENTATION OF OR ADDITIONS TO THE MINIMUM STANDARDS OF EDUCATION.||”|
- 1980 ballot measures
- Arkansas 1980 ballot measures
- List of Arkansas ballot measures
- List of ballot measures by year
- List of ballot measures by state
- Arkansas Secretary of State, "Initiatives and Amendments 1938-2010"
- Inter-university Consortium for Political and Social Research. REFERENDA AND PRIMARY ELECTION MATERIALS [Computer file]. ICPSR ed. Ann Arbor, MI: Inter-university Consortium for Political and Social Research [producer and distributor], 1995. doi:10.3886/ICPSR00006.v1
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
State of Arkansas
Little Rock (capital)
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of State | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Executive Director of Natural Resources Commission | Commissioner of State Lands| Director of Labor | Public Service Commission|