|South Dakota State Senate District 6|
|Years in position||6|
|Base salary||$6,000/session; $129/day for interim committees|
|Per diem||$110/legislative day|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Term limits||Four terms|
|South Dakota House of Representatives|
|Date of birth||October 25, 1941|
|Place of birth||Watertown, SD|
Fryslie worked as a township supervisor for Pleasant Township in Clark County from 1977 to 1994. He then served in the South Dakota State House from 1998-2006.
Fryslie has worked as a farmer since 1964.
Fryslie attended the South Dakota State University from 1960 to 1961.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Fryslie served on the following committees:
- Agriculture and Natural Resources Committee, South Dakota State Senate
- Taxation Committee, South Dakota State Senate
- Transportation Committee, South Dakota State Senate, Vice Chair
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Fryslie served on the following committees:
Fryslie ran for re-election in the 2012 election for South Dakota State Senate District 2. Fryslie defeated Norbert Barrie in the Republican primary on June 5 and was defeated by Chuck Welke (D) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|South Dakota State Senate, District 2, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Art Fryslie Incumbent||48.6%||5,140|
|South Dakota State Senate District 2 Republican Primary, 2012|
|Art Fryslie Incumbent||52.6%||724|
Fryslie ran for re-election to the 6th District seat in 2010. He ran unopposed for the seat. The general election took place on November 2, 2010.
|South Dakota State Senate, District 6 (2010)|
|Arthur Fryslie (R)||5,981||100.00%|
Fryslie raised $7,745 for his campaign while Nemmers raised $3,636.
|South Dakota State Senate, District 6 (2008)|
|Arthur Fryslie (R)||5,847||63.02%|
|Dennis Nemmers (D)||3,431||36.98%|
In 2010, Fryslie received $3,757 in campaign donations. The largest contributors are listed below.
|South Dakota State Senate 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Arthur Fryslie's campaign in 2010|
|South Dakota Retailers Association||$300|
|South Dakota Association Of Specialty Care Providers||$250|
|Poppen, William & Roxana||$250|
|South Dakota Healthcare Association||$200|
|Total Raised in 2010||$3,757|
Fryslie raised $7,745 during the 2008 election cycle.
His top contributors are listed below.
|South Dakota Republican Party||$2,000|
|South Dakota Chiropractors Association||$300|
|South Dakota Trucking Association||$300|
Fryslie and his wife Jane have two children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Arthur + Fryslie + South + Dakota + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Profile from the South Dakota Legislature
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2010, 2008, 2004, 2002, 2000
- Office of the South Dakota Secretary of State, "2012 Primary Election Candidate List," accessed April 9, 2012
- South Dakota Secretary of State, "Official Primary Results," June 12, 2012
- 2008 Election Results, South Dakota Senate, District 6
- District 6 South Dakota Senate Spending, 2008
- Follow the Money, "2010 contributions," accessed December 23, 2013
- Campaign contributors to Arthur Fryslie
|South Dakota House District 6
| Succeeded by|
Kristi Noem (R)
Brock Greenfield (R)
|South Dakota Senate District 6
| Succeeded by|
Chuck Welke (D)