|Iowa House of Representatives District 66|
|January 14, 2013 - Present|
|January 8, 2017|
|Years in position||2|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 8, 2016|
|High school||McAuley Regional Catholic High School|
|Master's||The University of Missouri at Kansas City and East Central University of Oklahoma|
|Place of birth||Joplin, Missouri|
Staed earned his M.S. in secondary education from the University of Missouri and Kansas City and his M.S. in secondary administration from East Central University of Oklahoma. His professional experience includes teaching secondary education in Cedar Rapids.
2015 legislative session
At the beginning of the 2015 legislative session, Staed served on the following committees:
|Iowa Committee Assignments, 2015|
|• Local Government|
|• Public Safety|
|• Veterans Affairs|
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Staed served on the following committees:
|Iowa Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Local Government|
|• Veterans Affairs|
Staed's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- "More family sustaining jobs"
- "Genuine tax fairness"
- "Incentives and support for small businesses and entrepreneurs"
- "A cleaner and safer environment"
- "Improved schools for our children and educational training opportunities for our workers"
Elections for the office of Iowa House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on June 3, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 14, 2014. Incumbent Art Staed was unopposed in the Democratic primary and was unchallenged in the general election.
Staed ran in the 2012 election for Iowa House of Representatives District 66. Staed ran unopposed in the Democratic primary on June 5, 2012, and defeated District 37 incumbent Renee Schulte in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Iowa House of Representatives, District 66, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Renee Schulte Incumbent||44.9%||7,575|
Comprehensive donor information for Staed is available dating back to 2004. Based on available campaign finance records, Staed raised a total of $899,340 during that time period. This information was last updated on September 20, 2013.
|Art Staed's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Iowa State House, District 66||$261,355|
|2008||Iowa State House, District 37||$342,337|
|2006||Iowa State House, District 37||$271,989|
|2004||Iowa State House, District 37||$23,659|
|Grand Total Raised||$899,340|
2012Staed won election to the Iowa House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Staed raised a total of $261,355.
|Iowa House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Art Staed's campaign in 2012|
|Iowa Democratic Party||$173,401|
|Linn Phoenix Club||$9,000|
|Hawkeye Labor Council||$8,500|
|International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers||$6,750|
|Plumbers & Pipefitters Local 125||$6,750|
|Total Raised in 2012||$261,355|
|Source: Follow the Money|
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Art + Staed + Iowa + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Iowa House of Representatives
- Iowa House Committees
- Iowa House of Representatives District 66
- Iowa State Legislature
- Profile from the Iowa House of Representatives
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Art Staed on Facebook
- Art Staed on Twitter
- Campaign contributions: 2012, 2008, 2006, 2004
- artstaed.com, "Official Campaign Website," accessed April 8, 2014
- Iowa Secretary of State, "Official primary election candidate list," accessed March 18, 2014
- Iowa Secretary of State, "Official primary election results," accessed June 30, 2014
- Iowa Secretary of State, "Official general election candidate list," accessed July 7, 2014
- The Des Moines Register, "Election2014," accessed November 4, 2014
- Iowa Secretary of State, "Official Primary Results," accessed October 1, 2014
- Iowa Department of Elections, "2012 Primary Candidates," accessed April 24, 2012
- followthemoney.org, "Staed, Art," accessed September 20, 2013
Ako Abdul-Samad (D)
|Iowa House of Representatives District 66
| Succeeded by|
State of Iowa
Des Moines (capital)
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of State | Director of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Chair of Utilities |