|Alabama House of Representatives District 44|
|November 5, 2014|
|Years in position||35|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Next election||November 4, 2014|
|Master's||University of Alabama, Birmingham|
|Birthday||June 5, 1946|
|Place of birth||Birmingham, AL|
Payne is currently the owner of Arthur Payne Sporting Goods. He has worked as an accountant with Owens Corning Fiberglass and the Associate Director-Office of Planning - University of Alabama.
He is a member of the Centerpoint Civitan Club, First Baptist Church of Trussville, and Chalkville Civic Club.
Payne served on these committees in the 2011-2012 legislative session:
- Jefferson County Legislation Committee, Alabama House of Representatives
- Judiciary Committee, Alabama House of Representatives
- Subcommittee on Civil Justice
Payne won re-election to the 44th District Seat in 2010. He had no opposition.
Payne raised $91,780 for his campaign, while Barbee raised $14,375.
|Alabama State House, District 44 (2006)|
|Arthur Payne (R)||8,435|
|Jonathan Barbee (D)||4,019|
In 2010, Payne raised $74,800 in contributions. 
His four largest contributors were:
|Alabama Education Association||$7,500|
In 2006, Payne collected $91,780 in donations.
Below are Payne's top 5 campaign contributors in the 2006 election:
|AL Education Assoc||$10,000|
|Business Council of Alabama||$5,000|
|Jefferson Memorial Gardens||$3,000|
|Alabama Power Co||$3,000|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Arthur + Payne + Alabama + House
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Home brewing boom embraced in all 50 states - Salt Lake Tribune
- Jefferson County House delegation approves bill to revise Center Point traffic ... - al.com (blog)
- Birmingham City Council president urges official action against Water Works ... - al.com (blog)
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
Payne is married and has two children.
- Alabama Legislature - Arthur Payne
- Project Vote Smart biography
- Project Vote Smart legislative profile
- Campaign contributions: 2010, 2008, 2006, 2002, 1998
- Alabama House Republican Caucus
|Alabama House District 44
| Succeeded by|
State of Alabama
|State executive officers||
Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer| Auditor| Superintendent of Education| Commissioner of Insurance| Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries| Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries| Commissioner of Labor| Public Service Commission|
Public Records Law | Transparency Checklist | Government corruption reports | Transparency Legislation | Open Records procedures | Transparency Advocates | Transparency blogs | State budget | Taxpayer-funded lobbying associations |