|Former candidate for|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
Rich was born on March 20, 1977, in Sampson County, North Carolina. As a child, he worked in his family's agriculture business growing tobacco, cucumbers and other produce. When he was nine years old, his father died of a heart attack. He graduated from East Bladen High School, earned an associate degree in liberal arts from Sampson Community College and graduated with a B.S. in economics and accounting from East Carolina University.
Rich listed the following "proposals" on his campaign website:
—Arthur Rich, Official campaign website
Rich posted the following mission statement on his campaign website:
- "I Arthur Jason Rich as an employee of The American Workforce will do my very best to fulfill the tasks at hand whether they be leading or following. I will use my knowledge of work and education to the best benefit of America’s organizations, their customers and investors. I will do my best to be a team player in all situations and assist as needed."
Rich listed the following goals on his campaign website:
- "I hope to utilize my knowledge from my job experiences and my degrees to be the best I can be for an organization, society, my family and myself. I plan to complete my Master’s Degree in Accounting and utilize my educational achievements to help our society save and invest to better prepare them for the future. In closing, 'I want to be the best that I can be and help others be the same!' "
Rich discussed his campaign with North Carolina Now Senior Correspondent Kelly McCullen:
Rich ran in the 2014 election for the U.S. House to represent North Carolina's 1st District. He lost to incumbent G.K. Butterfield (D) in the general election on November 4, 2014. Rich won the Republican nomination in the primary on May 6, 2014. The general election took place November 4, 2014.
|U.S. House, North Carolina District 1 General Election, 2014|
|Democratic||G.K. Butterfield Incumbent||73.4%||154,333|
|Source: North Carolina State Board of Elections|
|U.S. House, North Carolina District 1 Republican Primary, 2014|
|Source: Results via the North Carolina State Board of Elections|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Arthur + Rich + North Carolina + Congress"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- United States House of Representatives
- North Carolina's 1st Congressional District elections, 2014
- North Carolina's 1st Congressional District
- Campaign website, "Home," accessed March 6, 2014
- Politico, "North Carolina House Election Results by District," accessed November 6, 2014
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "2012 candidate filing list," accessed February 29, 2012
- Team Rich Campaign.com, "Biography," accessed March 29, 2012
- Team Rich Campaign.com, "Resume," accessed March 29, 2012
- Campaign website, "Proposals," accessed March 6, 2014
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "Primary election, May 8, 2012, Unofficial results," accessed May 9, 2012