Article 10, Texas Constitution
| 1 • 2|
3 (1-43) • 3 (44-49) • 3 (50-67)
4 • 5 • 6 • 7 • 8 • 9 • 10 • 11 • 12 • 13 • 14 • 15 • 16 • 17
| Text of Section 1:
Repealed august 5, 1969.
| Text of Section 2:
Public Highways; Common Carriers; Regulation of Tariffs, Correction of Abuses, and Prevention of Discrimination and Extortion; Means and Agencies
Railroads heretofore constructed or which may hereafter be constructed in this state are hereby declared public highways, and railroad companies, common carriers. The Legislature shall pass laws to regulate railroad, freight and passenger tariffs, to correct abuses and prevent unjust discrimination and extortion in the rates of freight and passenger tariffs on the different railroads in this state, and enforce the same by adequate penalties; and to the further accomplishment of these objects and purposes, may provide and establish all requisite means and agencies invested with such powers as may be deemed adequate and advisable.
- Amended November 4, 1890.
| Text of Sections 3-9:
Repealed August 5, 1969.
- State constitution
- Constitutional article
- Constitutional amendment
- Constitutional revision
- Constitutional convention
- Texas Constitution and Statutes, "Texas Constitution"
- Constitution of the Republic, 1836 from Gammel's Laws of Texas, Vol. I. hosted by the Portal to Texas History.
- Constitution of the State of Texas, 1861 from Gammel's Laws of Texas, Vol. V. hosted by the Portal to Texas History.
- Constitution of the State of Texas, 1866 from Gammel's Laws of Texas, Vol. V. hosted by the Portal to Texas History.
- Texas Constitutions Digitization Project: Electronic texts of the various Texas constitutions, including the original, unamended text of the 1876 constitution
- Texas Legislative Research Library - Constitutional amendments search: A search engine that retrieves summaries of proposed amendments, both adopted and defeated
- Amendments to the Texas Constitution from 1876-present
- Texas State Historical Society, "Constitution of 1876"
- May, Janice C. (1996). The Texas State Constitution: A Reference Guide, Westport, Connecticut: Greenwood Publishers
- Braden, George. (1972). Citizens' guide to the Texas Constitution, Austin, Texas: Texas Advisory Commission on Intergovernmental Relations
- Hill, John L., ed. (1976). Constitution of the State of Texas. Austin, Texas: Office of the Attorney General of Texas