Article II, Illinois Constitution
|I • II • III • IV • V • VI • VII • VIII • IX • X • XI • XII • XIII • XIV • Schedule|
| Text of Section 1:
Separation of Powers
The legislative, executive and judicial branches are separate. No branch shall exercise powers properly belonging to another.
| Text of Section 2:
Powers of Government
The enumeration in this Constitution of specified powers and functions shall not be construed as a limitation of powers of state government.
- State constitution
- Constitutional article
- Constitutional amendment
- Constitutional revision
- Constitutional convention
- Illinois General Assembly, "Illinois Constitution"
- YouTube, "The Illinois Constitution"
- Illinois Courts Learning Center, "Lesson 2 - The Illinois Constitution"
- Tripod.com, "Illinois Constitution of 1818"
- Illinois State Bar Association, "Understanding the Illinois Constitution"
- Chicago Tribune, "Articles about the Illinois Constitution"
State of Illinois
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Comptroller | Auditor General | Superintendent of Education | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor | Chairman of Commerce Commission |