For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, will be limited. Select races will be covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
Article II, Mississippi Constitution
|1 • 2 • 3 • 4 • 5 • 6 • 7 • 8 • 9 • 10 • 11 • 12 • 13 • 14 • 15|
| Text of Section 3:
NOTE: Former Section 3 stated the limits and boundaries of the state of Mississippi.
The repeal of Section 3 was proposed by Laws of 1990, Ch. 692, Senate Concurrent Resolution No. 520, and upon ratification by the electorate on November 6, 1990, was deleted from the Constitution by proclamation of the Secretary of State on December 19, 1990.
| Text of Section 4:
Acquisition of Territory; Disputed Boundaries
The legislature shall have power to consent to the acquisition of additional territory by the state, and to make the same a part thereof; and the legislature may settle disputed boundaries between this state and its coterminus states whenever such disputes arise.
- State constitution
- Constitutional article
- Constitutional amendment
- Constitutional revision
- Constitutional convention
- Mississippi SOS, "Mississippi Constitution" (HTML)
- Mississippi SOS, "Mississippi Constitution" (PDF)
- Mississippi Department of Archives and History, "Mississippi History Timeline"
- Mississippi History Now, "Constitutions of Mississippi"
- Mississippi History Now, "Mississippi Constitution of 1890"
- Mississippi History Now, "Mississippi Constitution of 1868"
- Mississippi History Now, "Mississippi Constitution of 1832"
- Mississippi History Now, "Mississippi Constitution of 1817"
- Winkle, John W. (2014). The Mississippi State Constitution, New York, New York: Oxford University Press
- L.A. Times, "148 years later, Mississippi ratifies amendment banning slavery"
State of Mississippi
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture and Commerce | Executive Director of Environmental Quality | Executive Director of Employment Security | Chairman of Public Service Commission |