Article III, Minnesota Constitution
|I • II • III • IV • V • VI • VII • VIII • IX • X • XI • XII • XIII • XIV|
| Text of Section 1:
Division of Powers
The powers of government shall be divided into three distinct departments: legislative, executive and judicial. No person or persons belonging to or constituting one of these departments shall exercise any of the powers properly belonging to either of the others except in the instances expressly provided in this constitution.
- State constitution
- Constitutional article
- Constitutional amendment
- Constitutional revision
- Constitutional convention
- Minnesota State Legislature, "Constitution of the State of Minnesota"
- Minnesota Secretary of State, "Amendments to Minnesota's Constitution proposed to the voters since 1858"
- Minnesota Historical Society, "Minnesota's Constitution(s)"
- Minnesota Statutes, "161.114 Constitutional trunk highways"
- Minnesota Legislative Manual 1973–74
- Morrison, Mary Jane (2002). The Minnesota State Constitution: A Reference Guide, Westport, Connecticut: Greenwood Press
- MinnPost, "An interactive history of constitutional amendments in Minnesota"
- Riner, Steve (2003). "Legal Basis for Establishment of Minnesota Trunk Highways". The Unofficial Minnesota Highways Page