Article VII, Delaware Constitution
|I • II • III • IV • V • VI • VII • VIII • IX • X • XI • XII • XIII • XIV • XV • XVI • XVII • Schedule • Closing|
| Text of Section 1:
Power of Governor; Recommendation of Board of Pardons; Entry in Register and Submission to General Assembly
The Governor shall have power to remit fines and forfeitures and to grant reprieves, commutations of sentence and pardons, except in cases of impeachment; but no pardon, or reprieve for more than six months, shall be granted, nor sentence commuted, except upon the recommendation in writing of a majority of the Board of Pardons after full hearing; and such recommendation, with the reasons therefor at length, shall be filed and recorded in the office of the Secretary of State, who shall forthwith notify the Governor thereof.
He or she shall fully set forth in writing the grounds of all reprieves, pardons and remissions, to be entered in the register of his or her official acts and laid before the General Assembly at its next session.
| Text of Section 2:
Composition of Board of Pardons
The Board of Pardons shall be composed of the Chancellor, Lieutenant-Governor, Secretary of State, State Treasurer and Auditor of Accounts.
| Text of Section 3:
Information from Attorney General on Board's Duties
The said board may require information from the Attorney-General upon any subject relating to the duties of said board.
- State constitution
- Constitutional article
- Constitutional amendment
- Constitutional revision
- Constitutional convention
- Current Delaware Constitution
- Delaware Constitution of 1897
- Delaware Constitution of 1776
- Delaware Constitution of 1792
- Delaware Constitution of 1831
- Hoffecker, Carol E. (2004). Democracy in Delaware, Wilmington, Delaware: Cedar Tree Books
- Holland, Randy J.(2002). The Delaware State Constitution: A Reference Guide, Westport, Connecticut: Westport Press
- Martin, Roger A. (1984). A History of Delaware Through its Governors, Wilmington, Delaware: McClafferty Press
- Munroe, John A. (1993). History of Delaware, University of Delaware Press
- Scharf, John Thomas. (1888). History of Delaware 1609-1888, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania: L. J. Richards & Co