| Text of General Provisions:
1. The seal of the State shall be kept by the Governor, or person administering the office of Governor, and used by him officially, and shall be called the Great Seal of the State of New Jersey.
2. All grants and commissions shall be in the name and by the authority of the State of New Jersey, sealed with the Great Seal, signed by the Governor, or person administering the office of Governor, and countersigned by the Secretary of State, and shall run thus: "The State of New Jersey, to .............., Greeting."
3. All writs shall be in the name of the State. All indictments shall conclude: "against the peace of this State, the government and dignity of the same."
4. Wherever in this Constitution the term "person," "persons," "people" or any personal pronoun is used, the same shall be taken to include both sexes.
5. Except as herein otherwise provided, this Constitution shall take effect on the first day of January in the year of our Lord one thousand nine hundred and forty-eight.