Article XI, Illinois Constitution
|I • II • III • IV • V • VI • VII • VIII • IX • X • XI • XII • XIII • XIV • Schedule|
| Text of Section 1:
Public Policy - Legislative Responsibility
The public policy of the State and the duty of each person is to provide and maintain a healthful environment for the benefit of this and future generations. The General Assembly shall provide by law for the implementation and enforcement of this public policy.
| Text of Section 2:
Rights of Individuals
Each person has the right to a healthful environment. Each person may enforce this right against any party, governmental or private, through appropriate legal proceedings subject to reasonable limitation and regulation as the General Assembly may provide by law.
- State constitution
- Constitutional article
- Constitutional amendment
- Constitutional revision
- Constitutional convention
- Illinois General Assembly, "Illinois Constitution"
- YouTube, "The Illinois Constitution"
- Illinois Courts Learning Center, "Lesson 2 - The Illinois Constitution"
- Tripod.com, "Illinois Constitution of 1818"
- Illinois State Bar Association, "Understanding the Illinois Constitution"
- Chicago Tribune, "Articles about the Illinois Constitution"
State of Illinois
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Comptroller | Auditor General | Superintendent of Education | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor | Chairman of Commerce Commission |