Article XVII, Washington State Constitution
|I • II • III • IV • V • VI • VII • VIII • IX • X • XI • XII • XIII • XIV • XV • XVI • XVII • XVIII • XIX • XX • XXI • XXII • XXIII • XXIV • XXV • XXVI • XXVII • XXVIII • XXIX • XXX • XXXI • XXXII|
| Text of Section 1:
Declaration of State Ownership.
The state of Washington asserts its ownership to the beds and shores of all navigable waters in the state up to and including the line of ordinary high tide, in waters where the tide ebbs and flows, and up to and including the line of ordinary high water within the banks of all navigable rivers and lakes: Provided, that this section shall not be construed so as to debar any person from asserting his claim to vested rights in the courts of the state.
| Text of Section 2:
Disclaimer of Certain Lands.
The state of Washington disclaims all title in and claim to all tide, swamp and overflowed lands, patented by the United States: Provided, the same is not impeached for fraud.
- State constitution
- Constitutional article
- Constitutional amendment
- Constitutional revision
- Constitutional convention
- Washington State Legislature, "Washington Constitution"
- Washington State SOS, "The Origin of the Constitution of the State of Washington"
- Utter, Robert F., and Hugh D. Spitzer. (2002). The Washington State Constitution: A Reference Guide, Westport, Connecticut: Greenwood Publishing
- Utter, Robert F., and Hugh D. Spitzer. (2013). The Washington State Constitution, New York, New York: Oxford University Press
State of Washington
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Commissioner of Public Lands | Director of Labor and Industries | Chairman of Utilities and Transportation |