Ascension Parish, Louisiana
The parish had an estimated expenditure for 2008 of $107 million. Approximately 56.5 percent of its budget is raised through a sales tax.
- See also: Evaluation of Louisiana parish websites
- An inspection of the website finds that it does include information about who is on the board of trustees (the governing agency) of the parish.
- The website includes a form that can be used to request public records.
- The website includes budgets from 2004-2008.
- The site posts permit and zoning applications.
- The 2008 budget is in PDF form and is not searchable.
- Local taxes are not included.
- While there is a section for contract bids, it has never been updated and is not very user friendly.
- Information on parish lobbying efforts is not provided
Parish Commissioners voted to name the chief administrative officer the custodian of public records, meaning that all requests for public records would be routed through one person. The reason given for making this policy change was that too much staff time was being taken up by responding to open record requests.
- Ascension Parish website
- Ascension Parish Tourist Commission
- Ascension Parish on ePodunk
- Ascension Parish Chamber of Commerce
- Ascension Parish School Board