Auburn City Charter, Measure A (June 2012)
Measure A was defeated; if it had been approved, the City of Auburn would have become what is known as a "charter city", instead of being what it is now--namely, a "general law city".
Both types of city are recognized under California state law. There are 482 cities in California and as of April 2012, 25% of them (or 120 cities altogether) have charters.
Cities close to Auburn that are charter cities include Grass Valley and Roseville.
- These final results are from the Placer County elections office.
The official voter guide arguments in favor of Measure A were signed by:
- Robert Snyder, Former Mayor & McCann Award Winner
- Wayne E. Manning, President-elect, Auburn Chamber of Commerce
- Cheryl Maki, Small Business Owner, Former Mayor
- Barbara Jicha, CPA
- Richard Hall, President, Auburn Chamber of Commerce
The official voter guide arguments opposing Measure A were signed by:
- Wally Reemelin, Former President, League of Placer County Taxpayers
- Hank Gonzales, Business Owner, Former Auburn Councilman & Mayor
- George Beland, Former Auburn Mayor, Former Placer County Supervisor
- OC Taylor, Former Auburn Mayor
- Bud Pisarek, Former Auburn Mayor
The question on the ballot:
|Measure A: Shall the Home Rule for Auburn Charter of 2012 be adopted?|
- List of Placer County June 5, 2012 ballot measures
- Measure A details
- Auburn Home Rule, support website
- Preserve Auburn, opposition website