Each year, the government awards billions of dollars in grants, loans, loan guarantees, property, cooperative agreements, interest subsidies, insurance, food commodities, direct appropriations and federal cost reimbursements that are subject to audit requirements.
Evaluating government websites
Government websites should include:
- Information about regular audits.
- Audit results should be posted online for the past 3-5 years.
- Scheduled financial audits posted online
- Performance audits should be conducted and posted online.
Audits are shown under the Budget and Finance link.
- OMB Office of Federal Financial Management, "The Single Audit," accessed October 8, 2014
- OMB Office of Federal Financial Management, "Circular A-133; Subpart B" - Audits; §___.200 - Audit requirements, accessed October 8, 2014
- tgci.com, "Understanding Single Audits," accessed October 8, 2014 by Henry Flood, Grantsmanship Center Magazine, Fall 2002, retrieved on June 30, 2006
<ref>tag; no text was provided for refs named
Cite error: Invalid
- American Institute of CPAs, "What is a Governmental Audit?" archived February 9, 2010