|Florida State Senate District 9|
|November 15, 2016|
|Years in position||2|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Next election||November 8, 2016|
|Term limits||2 terms (8 years)|
|Florida House of Representatives|
|Profession||Business/Community Liaison, Jacksonville Job Corps Center|
Due to Florida term limits, Gibson could not run for re-election in the Florida House of Representatives elections of 2010.
Gibson works as a Business/Community Liaison with the Jacksonville Job Corps Center. She has previously worked as a legal liaison and in public relations.
Gibson is a member of the Delta Sigma Theta Sorority Incorporated - Jacksonville Alumnae Chapter, First Coast African-American Chamber of Commerce, Jacksonville Community Council Inc, Jacksonville Community Council - Incorporated Forward, and the Manufacturers North Community Advisory Panel.
Gibson did not provide answers to the Florida State Legislative Election 2008 Political Courage Test. The test provides voters with how a candidate would vote on the issues if elected.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Gibson served on the following committees:
|Florida Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Military and Veterans Affairs, Space, and Domestic Security, Vice-chair|
|• Communications, Energy, and Public Utilities|
|• Criminal Justice|
|• Regulated Industries|
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Gibson served on these committees:
|Florida Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Roads, Bridges & Ports Policy, Ranking Minority Member|
|• Civil Justice & Courts Policy|
|• Transportation & Economic Development Appropriations|
Gibson's sponsored legislation included:
- HB 557 - "Contract Carriers: Applies specific requirements to contract carriers employed by railroad companies; provides requirements for drug & & and maintain certain insurance coverage"
- HB 859 - "Community Redevelopment: Expands definition of term "blighted area" to include land previously used as military facility."
- HB 1119 - "Criminal Justice: Requires state agencies & regulatory boards to prepare reports identifying & evaluating restrictions on licensing & employment; prohibits state agencies from denying application for license, permit, certificate, or employment based on person's lack of civil rights"
For details and a full listing of sponsored bills, see the House site.
- See also: Florida State Senate elections, 2012
Gibson won re-election in the 2012 election for Florida State Senate District 9. Gibson ran unopposed in the Democratic primary on August 14, 2012, and defeated Cherron Newby (D) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Florida State Senate, District 9, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Audrey Gibson Incumbent||63.6%||126,946|
Termed out in the State House, Gibson ran in the 2011 special election for Senate District 1. Gibson won the Democratic primary on September 20. Shortly thereafter, write-in candidate Andrea Austin withdrew. The special general election was cancelled, and special election winner Gibson was declared winner of the seat.
Campaign donor information is not yet available for this year.
Below are Gibson's top 5 campaign contributors in the 2008 election:
|Hospital Corporation of America||$2,000|
|Jacksonville Greyhound Racing||$1,000|
|FL Hospital Assoc||$1,000|
|FL Assoc of Realtors||$1,000|
|Robert M Levy & Associates||$500|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Audrey + Gibson + Florida + Senate
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Unanimous Florida Senate cuts DMV fees, insurance industry tax break - Bradenton Herald
- Florida should stop putting its youths in solitary confinement - Orlando Sentinel
- Legislature approves regional transportation organization - Clay Today Online
- Audrey Gibson's mental health gun bill moves forward - Florida Times-Union (blog)
- Fla. Senate revives auto-fee rollback - MiamiHerald.com
- Emails showing political consultants were involved in redistricting should ... - Florida Times-Union
- Florida Senate: Let's cut taxes for manufacturers, not insurance companies - Florida Times-Union
- Florida legislative session ends smoothly, even in daylight - Florida Times-Union
- Nonprofit News: Highlighting Jacksonville's Philanthropic Community - Jacksonville Daily Record
- Senate passes bill to help keep guns out of hands of mentally ill - WEAR
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
- Florida House of Representatives - Rep. Audrey Gibson
- Project Vote Smart legislative profile
- Project Vote Smart biography
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002
- ↑ List of 2010 state legislative candidates in Florida
- ↑ Project Vote Smart - Rep. Gibson Biography
- ↑ Project Vote Smart - Rep. Gibson Issue Positions
- ↑ Florida Division of Elections "Candidate List" Accessed April 15, 2012
- ↑ Florida Division of Elections, Official Primary Results
- ↑ Florida Department of State, "Senate 1 Democratic Primary," September 20, 2011
- ↑ Miami Herald, "Gibson will be Northeast Florida state senator," September 21, 2011
- ↑ District 15 Florida House candidate funds, 2008
- ↑ Follow the Money - 2008 Campaign contributions
Andy Gardiner (R)
|Florida State Senate District 9
| Succeeded by|
|Florida State Senate District 1
| Succeeded by|
|Florida House of Representatives District 15
| Succeeded by|
State of Florida
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Chief Financial Officer | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Agriculture and Consumer Services | Commissioner of Insurance Regulation | Secretary of Environmental Protection | Director of Economic Opportunity | Chair of Public Service Commission |
Sunshine Law | Transparency Checklist | Government corruption reports | Transparency Legislation | Open Records procedures | Transparency Advocates | State budget | Taxpayer-funded lobbying associations |
List of Counties |
List of Cities |
List of School Districts |