August "Gus" Junior
|August "Gus" Junior|
|Illinois House of Representatives District 74|
|Mayor of Atkinson|
|2009 - Present|
|High school||Annawan High, Annawan, IL, 1999|
|Profession||HVAC technician and installer|
Junior currently serves as the Mayor of Atkinson, IL. He was first elected to public office in 2007, as an Atkinson Trustee. He defeated two opponents in the 2009 mayoral election. This contest is his first run for state office.
In his duties as mayor, Junior runs daily operations in Atkinson, assigns trustees to municipal committees, and provides tie-breaking votes in all of those committees, if necessary. He also serves as Atkinson's Planning and Zoning Board director and on the Board of Appeals.
In an email submission to Ballotpedia, Junior described his political philosophy as follows:
- "I hope to achieve (sic) fiscal responsibility here in Illinois. Balanced budgets and paying our debt off. I want to cut waste and corruption here in Illinois to make sure our institutions stay on solid ground and continue to provide the services so many people in Illinois need. Such as affordable health care, proper education that is up-to-date, and better infrastructure. I want to make sure workers rights are protected here in Illinois. I want to avoid what happened in Wisconsin concerning workers rights in the state. We should be protecting the middle class more! I intend to fulfill that duty. All in all, I just want to be more efficient with taxpayers money and provide our citizens with a better life than they have now."
Junior ran in the 2012 election for Illinois House of Representatives District 74. Junior was unopposed in the March 20 Democratic primary and was defeated by incumbent Donald L. Moffitt (R) in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Illinois House of Representatives, District 74, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Donald L. Moffitt Incumbent||64.9%||34,361|
|Democratic||August "Gus" Junior||35.1%||18,618|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Gus + Junior + Illinois + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Recall of Colorado gun controller gets enough signatures - Daily Caller
- Rubio declines to say whether he supports his own immigration bill - Daily Caller
- Sports briefs - Savannah Morning News
- Scouting local teams at Ohio state baseball tournament 2013 - Plain Dealer
- Summer Picks - Illinois Times
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Bio submission to Ballotpedia, September 5, 2012
- ↑ Illinois State Board of Elections "Candidate List," December 5, 2011
- ↑ Illinois State Board of Elections, "Official 2012 Primary Results"
- ↑ Illinois State Board of Elections, “Official Vote - November 6, 2012 General Election,” accessed January 18, 2013
State of Illinois
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Comptroller | Auditor General | Superintendent of Education | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor | Chairman of Commerce Commission |
Freedom of Information Act | Transparency Checklist | Government corruption reports | Transparency Legislation | Open Records procedures | Transparency Advocates | State budget | Taxpayer-funded lobbying associations |
List of Counties |
List of Cities |
Sunshinereview:Illinois school districts A - L |
Sunshinereview:Illinois school districts M - Z |