|U.S. House, Washington, District 2|
|Elections and appointments|
|Next primary||August 5, 2014|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||University of Houston, 1999|
He earned his bachelor's in computer science and mathematics from the University of Houston in 1999.
Guillot's campaign website listed the following issues:
- Liberty, Law, and Justice
- Excerpt: "The priority of government is to protect the individual rights of its citizens. I believe the government must act within its constitutional authority to protect our liberties. It is the responsibility of our lawmakers to enact only minimal regulations that are necessary to serve and protect the rights of the citizens. ...The individual's right to self-defense, including the right to keep and bear arms under the Second Amendment of the U.S. Constitution, must be affirmed and upheld, and shall not be infringed. I support reciprocity between all states for holders of state issued concealed carry permits."
- Taxes and Spending
- Excerpt: "I support cutting the Federal budget, capping spending to a percentage of GDP and adding a balanced budget amendment to the Constitution. I support requiring a 2/3 majority of the Washington State legislature to vote for any tax increase. I oppose a state income tax. I support a simple and flat federal income tax. Justices must determine the constitutionality of our laws based on the original intent and must not legislate from the bench."
- Economic Opportunity
- Excerpt: "I support the reduction of excessive taxation and regulation on business and individuals. I support free market solutions to promote economic growth and prosperity. I recognize the right to organize into private sector unions and to do so by secret ballot. I support the rights of union members to determine the allocation and use of their dues."
- Excerpt: "I support free market principles and to allow people to purchase health insurance across state lines. I support cost control through tort reform. I support the right of employers, employees, and medical providers to define their benefits package without government intrusion. I support all types of embryonic stem cell medical research."
- Environment and Energy
- Excerpt: "We have a duty to protect the environment without violating individual property rights. Private land ownership enhances good stewardship of the land through each owner's responsible oversight. Environmental regulations that deny property owners the use of their land shall require the regulating agency to bear the cost of litigation if property owners successfully appeal the regulation."
- Excerpt: "We believe education should prepare our children to enter adulthood with the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to be competitive in a global economy and market. Parents must have the primary right, responsibility, and choice in the education of their children. Education must focus on the basics, including math, science, history, civics, financial literacy, reading and English. An emphasis on U.S. history, the U.S. Constitution, and all founding documents should be required."
- Excerpt: "A robust highway and airport system is necessary for prosperity and commerce in the State of Washington. ...Fuel taxes shall be used for the purpose of road and infrastructure construction and maintenance, and not be diverted to subsidize mass transit."
- Civil Rights
- Excerpt: "I support the rights of adults, under the law, to choose to die with dignity (euthanasia and assisted suicide). I support marriage defined as a civil contract between two persons, as protected by the Washington State Marriage Equality Act (SB 6239). I support a woman's right to choose, as protected by Roe v. Wade and the Washington State Reproductive Freedom Act."
Guillot ran in the 2012 election for Washington House of Representatives, District 44a. Guillot was defeated by incumbent Hans Dunshee and Mark Harmsworth in the August 7 blanket primary election. They faced each other in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
Guillot lives in Marysville with his wife.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "B.J. + Guillot + Washington + Congress"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- United States House of Representatives
- Washington's 2nd Congressional District elections, 2014
- Washington's 2nd Congressional District
- Washington.gov, "2014 Candidates Who Have Filed," accessed May 19, 2014
- Vote for B.J. Guillot, "Issues," accessed August 3, 2012
- Washington Secretary of State, "2012 Primary Candidates"
- Washington Secretary of State, "August 07, 2012 Primary Results - Legislative - All Results," accessed August 15, 2012
- Vote for B.J. Guillot, "About Me," accessed August 3, 2012
State of Washington
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Commissioner of Public Lands | Director of Labor and Industries | Chairman of Utilities and Transportation |