|Pennsylvania State House District 182|
|1985 - 2013|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Bachelor's||Queens College, 1962|
|J.D.||Rutgers University, 1976|
|Place of birth||New York City, NY|
PoliticsPA has named the District 182 Democratic primary one of Pennsylvania's top ten most interesting legislative primaries in 2012.
Josephs earned her BA from Queens College in 1962. She went on to receive her JD from Rutgers University in Camden in 1976.
Josephs worked for Philadelphia Public High Schools as a Teacher from 1963 to 1964. She then worked as a private practice Attorney from 1977 to 1979. From 1978 to 1980, she worked as Co-Founder/Director of the National Abortion Rights Action League of Pennsylvania. She then worked for the Citizen's Coalition for Energy Efficiency as Co-Founder/Executive Director from 1980 to 1981.
In 1992, Josephs served as a Super Delegate at the Democratic National Convention. She has served as Co-Chair of the Eighth Ward of Philadelphia since 1984 and also currently serves as a member of the Eighth Ward Executive Committee. Josephs joined the Pennsylvania House of Representatives in 1985. She has served in that position since, representing the 182nd District.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Josephs served on these committees:
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Josephs served on these committees:
- Agriculture & Rural Affairs Committee, Pennsylvania House of Representatives
- Rules Committee, Pennsylvania House of Representatives
- State Government Committee, Pennsylvania House of Representatives, Chair
- Urban Affairs Committee, Pennsylvania House of Representatives
|Pennsylvania House of Representatives, District 182 Democratic Primary, 2012|
Josephs won re-election to the 182nd District Seat in 2010. She defeated Gregg Kravitz in the primary election, receiving 5,683 votes while Kravitz received 3,677. Josephs was unchallenged in the general election which took place on November 2, 2010.
|Pennsylvania State House, District 182|
|Babette Josephs (D)||17,984||100.0%|
|Pennsylvania House of Representatives, District 182|
|Josephs Babette (D)||26,457||81.5%|
|Wally Zimolong (R)||6,012||18.5%|
In 2010, Josephs received $73,889 in campaign donations. The top contributors are listed below.
|Pennsylvania House of Representatives 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Babette Josephs's campaign in 2010|
|Pennsylvania Education Association||$3,500|
|Pennsylvania Association For Justice||$3,500|
|Laborers District Council||$2,500|
|Association Of Pennsylvania State College & University Faculties||$2,500|
|Total Raised in 2010||$73,889|
Josephs is widowed and has two children.
- Pennsylvania House of Representatives - Rep. Babette Josephs
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 2000, 1998
- ↑ PoliticsPA, "Top 10 Most Interesting Pa. House & Senate Primaries," April 3, 2012
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Pennsylvania Independent "Incumbents fall in PA House, congressional races," April 24, 2012
- ↑ Pennsylvania Department of State, Official Primary Results
- ↑ Pennsylvania Department of State, "2012 Primary Candidate List In Ballot Order," March 26, 2012
- ↑ 2010 general election results from the Pennsylvania Secretary of State's office
- ↑ Official 2008 state house election results from the Pennsylvania Department of State
- ↑ Follow the Money - 2010 donations
|Pennsylvania House Of Representatives District 182
| Succeeded by|
State of Pennsylvania
|State executive offices||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor General | Secretary of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Secretary of Conservation and Natural Resources | Secretary of Labor & Industry | Chairman of Public Utilities |
Right to Know Law | Transparency Checklist | Government corruption | Transparency Legislation | Open Records procedures | Transparency Advocates | Transparency blogs | State budget | Taxpayer-funded lobbying associations |