Baldwin County is one of 67 counties in Alabama. Its county seat is Bay Minette.
- The current budget is posted. Some past budgets are also available.
- Contact information for the County Commissioners is provided.
- Commission meeting information is provided.
- Some administrative contacts are posted.
- Zoning information is posted.
- Annual financial audits are posted.
- Current and past bids are posted online, but no full contracts are available.
- Tax information is provided.
Alabama Register Op-ed
Alabama Press Register wrote about how Alabama received some of the lowest transparency grades in the country, especially noting Baldwin County and Mobile County.
- Main article:Alabama government sector lobbying
The Baldwin County Commission has reported $290,000 spent lobbying since 2006 (see table).
Reported lobbying expenditures, 2006-2009
|| Amount spent on lobbying
Baldwin County used funds for lobbying in 2004 that totaled less than $10,000. In 2006, the District Attorney of Baldwin County spent $40,000 on lobbying. Including those numbers, Baldwin County has reported more than $330,000 spent in the last three years on lobbying.