Ballotpedia's 2012 General Election Preview Articles: Nebraska State Legislature
By Ballotpedia's State legislative team
|Nebraska's State Legislative Elections in 2012|
|Senate seats||Contested senate seats|
Of the 26 incumbents up for election in 2012, 17 (65.4%) of them are running for re-election. A total of 22 of 26 (69.5%) districts will see more than one candidate in the general election.
Here are a few races to watch:
- In District 1, Jerry Joy and Dan Watermeier will vie for the term-limited incumbent Lavon Heidemann's seat.
- In District 11, former senator Ernie Chambers challenges legally-embattled incumbent Brenda J. Council.
- In District 23, Vern Barrett and Jerry Johnson will vie for the term-limited incumbent Chris Langemeier's seat.
- In District 29, Kate Bolz and Larry Zimmerman will vie for the term-limited incumbent Tony Fulton's seat.
- 2012 elections preview: Nebraska voters prepare for congressional and legislative primaries May 14
- 2012 elections review: Incumbents safe in NE legislative primaries May 16
- Ballotpedia's 2012 General Election Preview Articles: Nebraska Congressional Seats
- Ballotpedia's 2012 General Election Preview Articles: Central Regional State Executive Officials
- Ballotpedia:2012 general election preview articles
- State legislative elections, 2012
- November 6, 2012 election results
- Nebraska elections, 2012