For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
Ballotpedia's 2012 General Election Review Articles: Alabama Congressional Seats
By Ballotpedia's Congressional team
None of the incumbents faced any serious opposition in the general election.
Here are the candidates who won election.
|District||General Election Candidates||Incumbent||2012 Winner||Partisan Switch?|
|1st||Jo Bonner||Jo Bonner||Jo Bonner||No|
|2nd|| Therese Ford
|Martha Roby||Martha Roby||No|
|3rd|| John Andrew Harris
|Mike Rogers (Alabama)||Mike Rogers||No|
|4th|| Daniel H. Boman
|Robert Aderholt||Robert Aderholt||No|
|5th|| Charlie L. Holley
|Mo Brooks||Mo Brooks||No|
|6th|| Penny H. Bailey
|Spencer Bachus||Spencer Bachus||No|
|7th|| Terri Sewell
|Terri Sewell||Terri Sewell||No|
|Members of the U.S. House from Alabama -- Partisan Breakdown|
|Party||As of November 2012||After the 2012 Election|
Both chambers of the United States Congress remain split after the November 6, 2012 election. Democrats increased their majority in the U.S. Senate while cutting into the Republicans majority in the U.S. House.
Of the 435 candidates who won election to the U.S. House, 85 of them were challengers, which represents 19.5 percent of U.S. House members. Of those 85, 50 are Democratic and 35 are Republican. A total of 27 incumbents were defeated -- 10 Democratic and 17 Republican.
|2012 United States House General Election Results|
|Party||Total Winners||Incumbent Winners||Defeated Incumbents||Incumbent Re-Election Rate**||Non-Incumbent Winners|
|**Note: The incumbent re-election rate is calculated by dividing the total incumbents winners by the total incumbents who appeared on the general election ballot.|
- Ballotpedia:2012 general election preview articles
- November 6, 2012 election results
- Ballotpedia's 2012 General Election Preview Articles: Southeast Regional State Executive Officials
- United States Congressional election results, 2012
- United States House of Representatives elections in Alabama, 2012
- Alabama's 1st Congressional District elections, 2012
- Alabama's 2nd Congressional District elections, 2012
- Alabama's 3rd Congressional District elections, 2012
- Alabama's 4th Congressional District elections, 2012
- Alabama's 5th Congressional District elections, 2012
- Alabama's 6th Congressional District elections, 2012
- Alabama's 7th Congressional District elections, 2012
- Alabama elections, 2012
- National contested primary average during the 2012 U.S. congressional elections