In October 2011, Pallay launched a new project covering members of Congress, with a particular focus on elections and candidates. In September 2012, Pallay took over as project director for the team covering State Executive Officials. He additionally led the state legislative team as project director from July 2010-September 2012. In that role he helped launch the Competitiveness Index for legislative elections.
In early 2011 he led Ballotpedia's coverage of the 2010 Census Redistricting process, which featured pages on the re-mapping process in all 50 states. He oversaw the weekly production of the Redistricting Roundup from January 2011-March 2012. During the heated recall summer of 2011, Pallay led Ballotpedia's daily coverage of the Wisconsin State Senators recalls.
Prior to joining Ballotpedia in June 2010, Pallay was a policy analyst for the South Carolina Policy Council, where he covered a number of issues including the state budget.
Originally from New Jersey, Pallay spent 8 years in the south, studying Journalism and History at Emory University before earning a Masters in Public Administration at the College of Charleston.
Pallay lives in Boston, Massachusetts where his wife is a resident at Tufts University Medical Center.
Presentations and reports
- In July 2012, Pallay authored a report on the increasing percentages of legislative incumbents defeated in primaries (see report here).
- Pallay presented data on state legislative competitiveness in an April 2012 panel (see video here)
- 2012 Congressional Elections Review Presentation
- 2012 State Executive Elections Review Presentation
- 2012 State Legislative Elections Preview Presentation
- 2010 State Legislative Elections Results Presentation
- Ballotpedia user talk page
- Contact about a story: Geoff.Pallay@ballotpedia.org
- Request an interview: Media@ballotpedia.org