Ballotpedia:State official project/Stage 3
| How to help|
Users • Editors
| Quick guide|
Library of Tutorials
State Official Project, Stage 3: Expand officeholder articles (i.e. add photo, links, basic info)
How to write
For this section you will want to add as much current and historical information about the officeholders as possible. You might be able to find more detailed information for some politicians than you can for others. However, for the majority you will want to list information on officeholders' political careers, education and current decisions/campaigns/political efforts.
In the articles, unless you're talking about a specific person (e.g. Lieutenant Governor John Doe), the title of the office should be lowercase (e.g. lieutenant governor).
NOTE: Pages may already exist for officeholders, however, please review and update the pages before marking them as
Things to include
Below are a list of details that might want to research and note in officeholders' articles. This is not an exhaustive list, you may not be able to find all of this information on all of the officeholders.
- Political career (list of other offices they held and any details about important decisions they may have made during their current office)
- Education (where they went to school or received degrees)
- Non-political career
- Any support for ballot measures and what kind of role they played, if any
- Elections (political contributions, platforms, etc.)
- Photo (you may want to upload a current photo of the officeholder, please check for copyright rules)
Mark through the pages that you finish so we'll know when it's done. Bold articles that have been started or are currently in progress.