|Florida House of Representatives District 66|
| Term in office began|
| Term in office ended|
Due to Florida term limits, Troutman could not run for re-election in the Florida House of Representatives elections of 2010.
Troutman currently works as a Citrus Grower, Director of Alico, Incorporated, and Founder/Chief Executive Officer of Florida Labor Solutions, Incorporated.
He is a member of the American Staffing Association, Florida Cattleman's Association, Florida Citrus Mutual, Florida Staffing Association, Highlands County Citrus Growers Association, National Wild Turkey Federation, and the Polk County Farm Bureau Board of Directors.
Troutman did not provide answers to the Florida State Legislative Election 2008 Political Courage Test. The test informs voters how a candidate would vote on the issues if elected.
- General Government Policy Council (Chair)
- Natural Resources Appropriations Committee
- Policy Council
- Rules & Calendar Council
Troutman's sponsored legislation includes:
- HB 1381 - "Charter Schools Capital Outlay Funding: Revises charter school eligibility requirements for receipt of capital outlay funding."
- HB 1423 - "Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission: Increases certain vehicle title certificate & license plate fees; revises basis & specified penalties for certain BUI violations; revises vessel operation & identification card requirements; repeals & revises provisions relating to regulation of vessels & imposition of certain vessel fees by municipalities & counties"
- HB 7151 - "Small Employer Group Health Insurance: Provides for special election period for continuation of coverage under group health plans for specified qualified beneficiaries; provides carrier notification requirements; provides for effectiveness of such coverage"
For details and a full listing of sponsored bills, see the House site.
Below are Troutman's top 5 campaign contributors in the 2008 election:
|FL Dental Assoc O||$665|
|Asurion Insurance Services||$500|
|Axcess Financial Group||$500|
- Florida House of Representatives - Rep. Baxter Troutman
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004
- Florida Department of Elections, "List of 2010 state legislative candidates in Florida," November 2, 2010
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Troutman Biography
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Troutman Issue Positions
- District 66 Florida House candidate funds, 2008
- Follow the Money, "2008 contributions," accessed November 20, 2014
|Florida House of Representatives District 66
| Succeeded by|
State of Florida
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Chief Financial Officer | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Agriculture and Consumer Services | Commissioner of Insurance Regulation | Secretary of Environmental Protection | Director of Economic Opportunity | Chair of Public Service Commission |