Becky Duncan Massey
|Becky Duncan Massey|
|Tennessee State Senate District 6|
|2011 - present|
|November 8, 2016|
|Years in position||2|
|Per diem||$173/legislative day|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Next election||November 8, 2016|
|Bachelor's||University of Tennessee|
|Profession||Exec. Dir., Sertoma Center|
Massey received her B.S. in Business Administration from the University of Tennessee in 1977. She is currently the Executive Director of the Sertoma Center, an organization serving adults with developmental disabilities.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Massey served on the following committees:
|Tennessee Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Government Operations|
|• Health and Welfare|
|• Transportation and Safety|
|• Calendar, Chair|
|• Government Operations|
- See also: Tennessee State Senate elections, 2012
Massey won re-election in the 2012 election for Tennessee State Senate District 6. Massey ran unopposed in the Republican primary on August 2, 2012, and defeated Evelyn Gill (D) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Tennessee State Senate, District 6, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Becky Duncan Massey Incumbent||68.7%||49,744|
Massey won election in the 2011 special election for Tennessee Senate District 6. She defeated Marilyn Roddy and Victoria DeFreese in the September 27 primary. Gloria Johnson ran on the Democratic ticket. The election took place on November 8.
Campaign donor information is not yet available for this year.
Massey her husband, Morton, have two children. They currently reside in Knoxville, Tennessee. She has volunteered with the Rocky Hill Elementary PTA, the Girls Scouts, and the Rocky Hill Ballpark girls softball team.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google News search for the term "Becky + Massey + Tennessee + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- McGhee Tyson awarded $92K grant - Knoxville News Sentinel
- Haslam vetoes "Ag-Gag" bill - WATE.com - WATE-TV
- Judge says KNS has standing in emails lawsuit, case to proceed - Knoxville News Sentinel
- UT Gardens Named As Tennessee's Botanical Garden - The Chattanoogan
- Knoxville Focus for April 29, 2013 - The knoxville focus
- Gov. Haslam finds $30000 in budget for South Knoxville aid - WATE-TV
- So, This Happened: State Parties Spar Over State Rep. for Some Reason - Nashville Scene
- Knoxville Focus for April 22, 2013 - The knoxville focus
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
- ↑ Metro Pulse, "Undecideds Hold the Lead in 6th District State Senate Race," August 10, 2011
- ↑ Tennessee Department of State - Elections, "List of 2012 Candidates," retrieved July 5, 2012
- ↑ Knox County, Election Commission, Special Election for State Senate, District Six
- ↑ "Becky Duncan Massey for State Senate," Campaign site, Accessed November 1, 2011
|Tennessee Senate District 6
| Succeeded by|