|Missouri House of Representatives, District 114|
|January 7, 2015 - present|
|January 8, 2017|
|Years in position||0|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|Term limits||4 two-year terms|
2015 legislative session
At the beginning of the 2015 legislative session, Ruth served on the following committees:
|Missouri Committee Assignments, 2015|
|• Appropriations - Health, Mental Health, and Social Services|
|• Elementary and Secondary Education|
|• Health and Mental Health Policy|
|• Local Government|
Ruth's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
Bringing New Jobs and Industry to Jefferson County
- Excerpt: "I fully support the development of the Jefferson County Ports as they will bring much needed jobs and industry to our area."
- Excerpt: "I advocate reducing the role of government in education by eliminating mandates handed down from both the federal and state government without the funding to go with those mandates."
Elections for the office of Missouri House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election was held on August 5, 2014, and a general election on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 25, 2014. Incumbent T.J. McKenna was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Becky Ruth was unopposed in the Republican primary. McKenna facced Ruth in the general election. Ruth defeated incumbent McKenna in the general election.
|Missouri House of Representatives District 114, General Election, 2014|
|Democratic||T.J. McKenna Incumbent||46.7%||4,204|
Ruth ran in the 2012 election for Missouri House of Representatives, District 114. Ruth ran unopposed in the August 7 Republican primary and was defeated by T.J. McKenna (D) in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Missouri House of Representatives, District 114, General Election, 2012|
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Becky + Ruth + Missouri + House of Representatives"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Missouri House of Representatives
- Missouri House of Representatives District 114
- Missouri House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Missouri State Legislature
- Office website
- Profile from Vote-USA
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- "beckyruth," Official Campaign Website
- Missouri Secretary of State, "All Results - State of Missouri - Primary Election - August 5, 2014," accessed August 26, 2014
- Missouri Secretary of State, "Certified Candidate List - Primary Election," accessed July 24, 2014
- Missouri Secretary of State, "All Results-State of Missouri-General-November 4, 2014: Unofficial Results," November 8, 2014
- Missouri Secretary of State, "Nov 6, 2012 General Election - All Results," accessed February 13, 2014
- Missouri Secretary of State, "Aug 7, 2012 Primary - All Results," accessed February 13, 2014
State of Missouri
Jefferson City (capital)
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor & Industrial Relations | Chairman of Public Service Commission |