Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Alabama Circuit 13|
|Preceded by:||James Wood|
|Past position:||Senator, Alabama District 35|
|Born:||August 11, 1958|
|Undergraduate:||University of South Alabama|
|Law School:||University of Alabama|
|Candidate for:||Circuit 13|
|Election information 2012:|
|Primary date:||March 13, 2012|
|Election date:||November 6, 2012|
Brooks has three children and resides with his wife Kathy in Mobile, Alabama.
Brooks served as a member of the Alabama State Senate from 2006 to 2012, representing Mobile County. Prior to that, he served on the Mobile City Council for five years. During this time, Brooks also served as a Special Judge on the Mobile County District Court.
State senate committee assignments, 2011-2012
Brooks served on these committees in the 2011-2012 legislative session:
- Banking and Insurance Committee Vice-Chair
- Confirmations Committee
- Energy and Natural Resources Committee Co-Chair
- Judiciary Committee Co-Chair
- Local Legislation No. 3 Committee Chair
- Rules Committee
- Veterans and Military Affairs Committee
Brooks defeated Eaton Gaston Barnard in the Republican primary on March 13, winning 67.91 percent of the vote. He was elected to the 13th Circuit Court after running unopposed in the general election on November 6, 2012.
- See also: Alabama State Senate elections, 2010
In 2010, Brooks raised $280,704 in contributions.
His five largest contributors were:
|Alabama Forestry Association||$20,703|
|Alabama Republican Party||$20,000|
|Business Council Of Alabama||$17,500|
|Mobile Fire Fighters Association||$10,000|
|Alabama Association Of Realtors||$10,000|
Brooks was endorsed by:
- The Alabama Tea Party Express
Brooks raised $637,859 for his campaign, while Tanner raised $956,140.
|Alabama State Senate, District 35 (2006)|
|Ben Brooks (R)||13,945|
|Gary Tanner (D)||13,434|
In 2006, Brooks collected $637,859 in donations.
His six largest contributors in 2006 were:
|Alabama Republican Party||$111,976|
|Business Council Of Alabama||$75,000|
|Alabama Forestry Association||$65,000|
|Friends Of Bradley R. Byrne||$40,000|
|Alabama Association Of Realtors||$35,000|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Ben + Brooks + Alabama + Senate." Because the results are from a google search, it is possible that some of the links below are not actually related to the legislator. Ben Brooks News Feed
- 13th Judicial Circuit of Alabama, "Circuit Court Judges," accessed March 10, 2015
- Alabama Secretary of State, "Certified 2012 General Election Results," archived January 6, 2015
- Alabama State Senate, "Senator Ben Brooks biography," archived February 13, 2011
- Alabama Secretary of State, "Official 2010 General election results," accessed July 18, 2014
- Follow the Money, "2010 contributions," accessed December 23, 2013
- The Alabama Tea Party Express, "Endorsements," November 2, 2010
- Alabama Secretary of State, "Official 2006 election results," accessed April 15, 2014
- Follow The Money, "Funds raised by 2006 Alabama Senate candidates," accessed April 15, 2014
- Follow the Money, "2006 contributions," accessed November 18, 2014
George M. Callahan
|Alabama State Senate District 35
2006-December 4, 2012
Bill Hightower (R)