|Washington House of Representatives, District 6b|
|Bachelor's||University of Washington|
Oakley's campaign website listed the following issues:
- Excerpt: "Kids need to be the first priority, not the last. Having worked in the Legislature the last three years, I have continually seen education wrongfully held hostage as bait for tax increases. Kids deserve our first dollar in the budget, not the last."
- Excerpt: "We must reform the way Washington does business and get Washington back to work. Recent unemployment numbers show the Spokane area has a 9.9% unemployment rate. Functionally, that number is closer to 20%, when all factors are considered."
- Excerpt: "Over-regulation and bureaucracy has ridden our healthcare system with costs it can hardly bear. Before 1994, our state had nearly twenty companies providing good service to our community. Today, only four are able to provide coverage."
- North-South Corridor
- Excerpt: "Simply stated: we must complete the North-South Corridor. Eastern Washington deserves a Representative who will fight for our fair share of transportation dollars. What was once just a dream is becoming a reality. With nearly 50% of the NSC completed, it is imperative for us to work with our Federal representation as well as the rest of the state delegation and see the North-South Corridor complete."
- Excerpt: "As the son and grandson of veterans, our hero’s deserve our best. Washington State is known nationwide for how we take care of our veterans. However, we must continue to help our veterans find work as they return, support them with greater educational opportunities, and make sure their families get the support and services they deserve."
Oakley ran in the 2012 election for Washington House of Representatives, District 6b. Oakley was defeated by Dennis Dellwo and Jeff Holy in the August 7 blanket primary election. The general election took place on November 6, 2012.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Ben + Oakley + Washington + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
State of Washington
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Commissioner of Public Lands | Director of Labor and Industries | Chairman of Utilities and Transportation |