|New Jersey General Assembly District 35|
|2012 - Present|
|Years in position||1|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 8, 2011|
|First elected||November 8, 2011|
|Next election||November 5, 2013|
|Bachelor's||Virginia State University|
Wimberly received his B.A. in Sociology from Virginia State University. His professional experience includes serving as a Paterson Councilman,, working as a Coordinator for Joint Recreational Services for the Paterson public schools, and working as a teacher at Eastside High School and Director for the Paterson Division of Recreation.
Wimberly is running in the 2013 election for New Jersey General Assembly District 35. Wimberly is bracketed with Shavonda Sumter in the June 4 Democratic primary. The general election takes place on November 5, 2013.
On November 8, 2011, Benjie Wimberly won election to District 35 of the New Jersey General Assembly. He and Shavonda Sumter were bracketed together and defeated Samuel Torres in the June 7 Democratic primary. They then defeated Donna Puglisi and William Connolly in the November 8 general election.
In 2011, Wimberly received $73,713 in campaign donations. The top contributors are listed below.
|New Jersey General Assembly 2011 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Benjie Wimberly's campaign in 2011|
|New Jersey State Laborers||$8,200|
|New Jersey Education Association||$8,200|
|Paterson Police Police Benevolent Association||$2,600|
|Ferraioli Wielkotz Cerullo & Unreadable P A||$2,600|
|Total Raised in 2011||$73,713|
|Total Votes received in 2011||13,551|
|Cost of each vote received||$5.44|
Wimberly was endorsed by:
Wimberly and his wife, Kimbrelynn, have four children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Benjie + Wimberly + New + Jersey + General + Assembly"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Wimberly says Davis failed Politics 101 - PolitickerNJ
- Wimberly Bill to Create Omega Psi Phi License Plate - TheAlternativePress.com (press release) (blog)
- Assembly OKs Ramos bill designed to simplify tax incentives - The Jersey Journal - NJ.com
- Wimberly: Governor, Paterson Residents Deserve More, Overburdened With ... - TheAlternativePress.com (press release) (blog)
- Bill to Create Task Force Studying & Developing Recommendations to Make NJ ... - ParamusPost.com
- Blanco takes himself out of the LG mix - PolitickerNJ
- Rep. Pascrell Announces Passaic River Added to Urban Waters Federal ... - TheAlternativePress.com (press release) (blog)
- Investment Priority Proposed For NJ Infrastructure Projects - Law360 (subscription)
- Pillar College is coming to Paterson - TheAlternativePress.com (press release) (blog)
- Paterson Youth Photography Project to Hold Annual Reception to Kick Off New ... - TheAlternativePress.com (press release) (blog)
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
- New Jersey General Assembly - Benjie Wimberly
- NJ Assembly Dems - Benjie Wimberly
- Benjie Wimberly Official Campaign website
- Project Vote Smart - Benjie Wimberly
State of New Jersey
|State executive officer||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Comptroller | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environmental Protection | Commissioner of Labor and Workforce Development | President of Public Utilities |
Open Public Records Act | Transparency Checklist | Government corruption reports | Transparency Legislation | Open Records procedures | Transparency Advocates | Transparency blogs | State budget | Taxpayer-funded lobbying associations |
|New Jersey General Assembly District 35
| Succeeded by|