For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
|Iowa House of Representatives District 45|
|January 8, 2017|
|Years in position||10|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|Next general||November 8, 2016|
|Bachelor's||University of Northern Iowa|
|Master's||Iowa State University, 1987|
|Place of birth||Ames, IA|
Wessel-Kroeschell's professional experience includes working as an Independent Desktop Publisher with Iowa State University and Assistant to Senator Ralph Rosenberg and State Representative Bill Bernau.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Wessel-Kroeschell served on the following committees:
|Iowa Committee Assignments, 2012|
|• Environmental Protection|
|• Human Resources|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Wessel-Kroeschell served on the following committees:
|Iowa Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Environmental Protection|
|• Human Resources|
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Wessel-Kroeschell served on the following committees:
|Iowa Committee Assignments, 2009|
|• Administration and Rules, Chair|
|• Human Resources|
Elections for the office of Iowa House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on June 3, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 14, 2014. Incumbent Beth Wessel-Kroeschell was unopposed in the Democratic primary and faced Eric Cooper (L) in the general election. Incumbent Wessel-Kroeschell defeated Cooper in the general election.
|Iowa House of Representatives District 45, General Election, 2014|
|Democratic||Beth Wessel-Kroeschell Incumbent||75.6%||6,445|
Wessel-Kroeschell ran in the 2012 election for Iowa House of Representatives District 45. Wessel-Kroeschell ran unopposed in the Democratic primary on June 5, 2012, and defeated Dane Nealson (R) and Eric Cooper (L) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Iowa House of Representatives, District 45, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Beth Wessel-Kroeschell Incumbent||59.3%||8,699|
Wessel-Kroeschell won re-election to the 45th District seat against Karin Sevde (R). Wessel-Kroeschell had no opposition in the Democratic primary. The general election took place on November 2, 2010.
|Iowa House of Representatives, District 45 General Election (2010)|
|Beth Wessel-Kroeschell (D)||4,396|
|Karin Sevde (R)||3,389|
On November 4, 2008, Wessel-Kroeschell was re-elected to the 45th District Seat in the Iowa House of Representatives, defeating Ryan Rhodes (R). Wessel-Kroeschell raised $32,333 for her campaign, while Rhodes raised $10,039.
|Iowa House of Representatives, District 45|
|Beth Wessel-Kroeschell (D)||8,589|
|Ryan Rhodes (R)||6,168|
Comprehensive donor information for Wessel-Kroeschell is available dating back to 2004. Based on available campaign finance records, Wessel-Kroeschell raised a total of $143,530 during that time period. This information was last updated on September 19, 2013.
|Beth Wessel-Kroeschell's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Iowa State House, District 45||$34,769|
|2010||Iowa State House, District 45||$27,706|
|2008||Iowa State House, District 45||$32,333|
|2006||Iowa State House, District 45||$16,233|
|2004||Iowa State House, District 45||$32,489|
|Grand Total Raised||$143,530|
2012Wessel-Kroeschell won re-election to the Iowa House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Wessel-Kroeschell raised a total of $34,769.
|Iowa House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Beth Wessel-Kroeschell's campaign in 2012|
|Associated General Contractors of Iowa||$3,000|
|Iowa Medical Society||$1,250|
|Operating Engineers Local 234||$1,000|
|Central Iowa Building & Construction Trades Council||$1,000|
|Iowa Hospital Association||$1,000|
|Total Raised in 2012||$34,769|
|Source:Follow the Money|
In 2010 Wessel-Kroeschell collected $27,706 in campaign donations. The largest donors are listed as follows:
|Iowa House of Representatives 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Beth Wessel-Kroeschell's campaign in 2010|
|Associated General Contractors Of Iowa||$1,500|
|Iowa Credit Union League||$1,500|
|Iowa Dental Association||$1,000|
|Iowa Society Of Anesthesiologists||$500|
|Iowa Association Of Community Providers||$500|
|Total Raised in 2010||$27,706|
In 2008 Wessel-Kroeschell collected $32,333 in donations.
Her five largest contributors were:
|Associated General Contractors of Iowa||$2,500|
|Story County Democratic Central Committee||$2,000|
|International Association of Fire Fighters||$1,000|
|Great Plains Laborers District Council||$1,000|
|Barzun, Matthew W.||$1,000|
Wessel-Kroeschell is a Board Member of ACCESS and has been President/Vice President/Treasurer of her Church Council.
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
- Legislators are scored on "their records on constitutional principles and civil liberties."
- Legislators are scored on their votes on "key conservative issues."
- Legislators are scored on their votes with or against SC's official position.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Beth + Wessel-Kroeschell + Iowa + Legislature
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Iowa House of Representatives
- Iowa House Committees
- Iowa House of Representatives District 45
- Iowa State Legislature
- Profile from the Iowa House of Representatives
- Beth Wessel-Kroeschell's personal website
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2012, 2010, 2008, 2006, 2004
- Beth Wessel-Kroeschell on Facebook
- Beth Wessel-Kroeschell on Twitter
- Iowa Secretary of State, "Official primary election candidate list," accessed March 18, 2014
- Iowa Secretary of State, "Official primary election results," accessed June 30, 2014
- Iowa Secretary of State, "Official general election candidate list," accessed July 7, 2014
- The Des Moines Register, "Election2014," accessed November 4, 2014
- Iowa Secretary of State, "Official Primary Results," accessed October 1, 2014
- Iowa Department of Elections, "2012 Primary Candidates," accessed May 15, 2012
- Iowa Secretary of State, "Official 2010 General election results," accessed October 1, 2014
- Iowa Secretary of State, "Official 2008 General election results," accessed April 7, 2014
- Follow The Money, "Funds raised by 2008 Iowa House candidates," accessed April 7, 2014
- followthemoney.org, "Wessel-Kroeschell, Beth," accessed September 19, 2013
- Follow The Money, "2010 Contributions," accessed April 7, 2014
- Follow The Money, "2008 Campaign Contributions," accessed April 8, 2014
- Project Vote Smart, "Biography," accessed April 8, 2014
- StateScape, "Session schedules," accessed August 2, 2014
|Iowa House of Representatives District 45
| Succeeded by|
State of Iowa
Des Moines (capital)
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of State | Director of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Chair of Utilities |