|Former candidate for|
|Michigan House of Representatives District 104|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||Northwestern Michigan College|
Coffia's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
Let's Make Politics about People.
- Excerpt: "It's time that our politics works for those of us who don't have a million dollars to spare and who cannot hire an army of lobbyists."
A Stronger Economy
- Excerpt: "Breaking barriers to economic growth through investment in long-lasting roads, bridges, and technology upgrades"
A Stronger Community
- Excerpt: "Protecting our natural resources and quality of life"
Real Representation for Your Priorities
- Excerpt: "We know there is too much money in politics. Betsy believes politics is about people, not money. This principle is the foundation of the campaign. Betsy is doing her part by not accepting donations from anyone other than individual voters. I am not in anyone's pocket. "
Elections for the office of Michigan House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election was held on August 5, 2014, and a general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was April 22, 2014. Betsy Coffia defeated Penny Larcom in the Democratic primary. Eight candidates ran in the Republican primary; Larry Inman won, with Robert Hentschel and Isaiah Wunsch finishing second and third, respectively. Inman then defeated Coffia in the general election.
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 104 General Election, 2014|
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 104 Democratic Primary, 2014|
Coffiaran in the 2012 election for Michigan House of Representatives District 104. She defeated Joseph Sloan in the August 7 Democratic primary and was defeated by incumbent Wayne Schmidt (R) in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 104, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Wayne Schmidt Incumbent||56.5%||26,042|
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 104 Democratic Primary, 2012|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Betsy + Coffia + Michigan + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Official campaign website
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Profile from Follow the Money
- Betsy Coffia on Facebook
- Betsy Coffia on Twitter
- Michigan Secretary of State, "2014 Official Michigan Primary Candidate Listing," accessed May 27, 2014
- Michigan Secretary of State, "2014 Official Michigan General Candidate Listing," accessed September 8, 2014
- betsyformichigan.com, "Working For You," accessed August 1, 2014
- Michigan Secretary of State, "Representative in State Legislature," accessed August 6, 2014
- Michigan Secretary of State, "Representative in State Legislature," accessed December 5, 2014
- Michigan Department of State, "Unofficial General Election Results as of November 5, 2014," accessed November 6, 2014
- Michigan Department of State, "2012 Official Michigan Primary Candidate Listing," accessed June 6, 2012
- Associated Press, "Michigan - Summary Vote Results," accessed August 7, 2012
State of Michigan
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor General | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Director of Agriculture and Rural Development | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor and Economic Growth | Chairman of Public Service Commission |