For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
|Texas House of Representatives District 4|
| Term in office began|
| Term in office ended|
On March 2, 2010, Brown lost her bid for a seventh term in the Republican primary. She was defeated by Lance Gooden.
Brown lists her occupation as a Homemaker/Rancher. She is a member of a number of organizations, including the Cedar Creek Republican Club, Eagle Forum, Henderson County Republican Women, Kaufman County Republican Women, Lone Star Republican Women, Texas Association of Business and Chambers of Commerce, and Texas Conservative Coalition Research Institute Board.
- HB 125 - Relating to requiring a voter to present proof of identification.
- HB 2390 - Relating to processing certain early voting ballots before election day.
- HB 4619 - Relating to the creation of an additional judicial district composed of Kaufman County.
- HB 4821 - Relating to the creation of an additional county court at law in Kaufman County.
On November 4, 2008, Brown won re-election to the Texas House of Representatives from Texas's 4th District, defeating Victor Morales (D) and James Yow (L). Brown received 39,250 votes in the election while Morales received 22,049 votes, and Yow received 1,383 votes. Brown raised $458,330 for her campaign; Morales raised $3,404.
|Texas House of Representatives, District 4|
|Betty Brown (R)||39,250||62.61%|
|Victor Morales (D)||22,049||35.17%|
|James Yow (L)||1,383||2.20%|
Below are Brown's top 5 campaign contributors in the 2008 election:
|Texans for Lawsuit Reform||$130,230|
|Texans for Rick Perry||$25,000|
|Stars Over Texas PAC||$20,000|
|Bob J Perry||$20,000|
|Empower Texans PAC||$19,066|
- Betty Brown's campaign website
- Texas House of Representatives - Rep. Brown (dead link)
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 2000, 1998
- Freedom Speaks profile
- Texas State Directory profile
- Texas Political Almanac HD 4 page
- Texas Tribune profile & bio
- "Down with Betty Brown" opposition group on Facebook
- Athens Daily Review, "Gooden upsets incumbent Brown," March 3, 2010
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Betty Brown
- Texas Legislature - Bills Authored/Joint Authored by Rep. Brown
- Results for March 2, 2010 primary in Texas
- Texas Secretary of State, "1992 - Current Election History," accessed February 24, 2014
- District 4 Texas House candidate funds, 2008
- Follow the Money, "2008 contributions," accessed November 20, 2014
|Texas House District 4
| Succeeded by|
State of Texas
|State executive offices||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Secretary of State | Attorney General | Comptroller | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of General Land Office | Chairman of Workforce Commission | Chairman of Public Utilities | Chairman of Railroad Commission |
List of Counties |
List of Cities |
Texas school districts A - L |
Texas school districts M - Z |