Big Sandy School District Bond Measure (November 2011)
This measure was approved in both counties.
- YES 312
- NO 231
- YES 92 (54.12%)
- NO 78 (47.78%)
This measure sought to issue a bond in the amount of $2.9 million in order to pay for a new K-12 school building, update technology and health and safety issues throughout the district including energy efficiency upgrades.
Text of measure
The question on the ballot:
| SHALL BIG SANDY SCHOOL DISTRICT NO. 100J DEBT BE INCREASED $2,900,663, WITH A REPAYMENT COST OF UP TO $5,100,000, AND SHALL DISTRICT TAXES BE INCREASED UP TO $255,000 ANNUALLY, TO PROVIDE MATCHING MONEYS FOR FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE FROM THE STATE UNDER THE BUILDING EXCELLENT SCHOOLS TODAY (“BEST”) PROGRAM IN THE ANTICIPATED AMOUNT OF $23,666,487 (WHICH FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE IS CONTINGENT UPON THE PASSAGE OF THIS BALLOT ISSUE AND WHICH SHALL NOT REQUIRE REPAYMENT), FOR THE FOLLOWING PURPOSES:
• ACQUIRING, CONSTRUCTING, EQUIPPING AND FURNISHING A NEW PK-12 SCHOOL FACILITY TO ADDRESS HEALTH AND SAFETY ISSUES, IMPROVE TECHNOLOGY, IMPROVE ENERGY EFFICIENCY, ADDRESS AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT COMPLIANCE AND PROVIDE A 21ST CENTURY LEARNING ENVIRONMENT.
- Elbert County, November Unofficial Election Results
- El Paso County Elections, November Unofficial Election Results
- El Paso County Elections, November Sample Ballot
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
- Colorado Amendment 66