|Arkansas House of Representatives District 22|
| Term in office began|
| Term in office ended|
|Profession||College President (retired)|
Abernathy previously served as President of Rich Mountain Community College, and is a member of the College Board.
Abernathy did not provide answers to the Arkansas State Legislative Election 2008 Political Courage Test. The test informs voters how a candidate would vote on the issues if elected.
- Joint Budget Committee, Arkansas Assembly
- Education Committee, Arkansas House (Chair)
- Insurance and Commerce Committee, Arkansas House
- Joint Performance Review Committee, Arkansas Assembly
- Subcommittee on Personnel
- Subcommittee on Utilities (Vice Chair)
Abernathy's sponsored legislation includes:
- HB 1006 - "TO PROVIDE FOR A CONSISTENT RATE OF INCREASE TO THE SALARIES OF CLASSIFIED SCHOOL PERSONNEL."
- HB 1015 - "AN ACT CONCERNING REGISTRATION OF ARSONISTS."
- HB 1250 - "TO REQUIRE A REVIEW OF THE RECOMMENDATIONS FOR EDUCATIONAL ADEQUACY BEFORE EACH FISCAL SESSION."
For a full listing of sponsored bills, see the House site.
Abernathy was ineligible for re-election in 2010 because he has reached his term limit.
Abernathy raised $19,583 for his campaign.
Below are Abernathy's top 5 campaign contributors in the 2008 election:
|Rural Arkansas Telecommunication||$2,000|
|Arkansas Healthcare Assoc||$2,000|
|Arkansas Electric Cooperatives||$1,483|
- Arkansas House of Representatives - Rep. Bill Abernathy
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Abernathy
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Abernathy Issue Positions
- VoteNaturally.org, "2008 general election results, Arkansas," November 4, 2008
- Follow the Money, "Arkansas House spending, 2008," November 4, 2008
- Follow the Money, "2008 contributions," accessed November 20, 2014
|Arkansas House District 22
| Succeeded by|
State of Arkansas
Little Rock (capital)
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of State | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Executive Director of Natural Resources Commission | Commissioner of State Lands| Director of Labor | Public Service Commission|