|Illinois State Senate District 36|
|High school||Alleman High School (1966)|
|Associate's||Black Hawk College|
|Service/branch||United States Army Special Forces|
|Citations||2 Silver Stars, three Purple Hearts, 5 Bronze Stars|
|Place of birth||Rock Island, Illinois|
|Profession||Independent security consultant|
Albracht served in the U.S. Army Special Forces and in the U.S. Secret Service. Since his service, he has worked as a security consultant and for Ford Motor Company's security operations.
Albracht's campaign website listed the following issues:
- Jacobs vs. McCarter
- Excerpt: "Senator Mike Jacobs’ purported assault on Senator Kyle McCarter on the Illinois Senate floor has now become a national as well as international embarrassment for our state."
- Drug Testing for Welfare
- Excerpt: "Welfare, charity, a helping hand, call it what you will, but it is what we do for each other when someone is in need and requires a “hand-up”. It should never be more than a temporary fix."
- 5 Point Plan for Rebuilding Illinois
- Excerpt: "Since it was open to anyone, I prepared a 5 point position/policy paper to address a limited number of issues that would directly affect the voters of the 36th Senate District."
- Thompson Prison –Time to Think Outside the Box
- Excerpt: "It is time to think outside the box! It is time to put people to work! It is time to make Thompson Prison operational!"
- Concealed Carry – We Need It Now
- Excerpt: "The law abiding citizens of Illinois want the same right as the citizens of the other forty-nine states in the Union. And that right is to have the option to carry a concealed firearm for protection of themselves and their families."
- Voting – A Right As Well As A Responsibility
- Excerpt: "One of pillars that is part of the bed rock on which our country was built is one citizen – one vote. It is a right that has been earned for every citizen by the blood of those who have fought to defend and preserve this right."
- Pro-Life: It Is Where I Stand; It Is What I Believe
- Excerpt: "I am resolute in my position of PRO-LIFE. I firmly and absolutely believe that life does not begin at conception, it continues. I believe that God created life one time and procreation is part of the continuing process of life."
- See also: Illinois State Senate elections, 2012
Albracht ran in the 2012 election for Illinois State Senate District 36. Albracht was unopposed in the Republican primary on March 20, 2012 and was defeated by Democratic incumbent Mike Jacobs in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Illinois State Senate, District 36, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Mike Jacobs Incumbent||54.8%||51,086|
Albracht has a wife, Mary, and five children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Bill + Albracht + Illinois + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
- Official campaign website
- Project Vote Smart biography
- Bill Albracht on Twitter
- Albracht for Senate Facebook page
- Candidate YouTube Channel
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Project Vote Smart, "Bill Albracht," accessed October 21, 2012
- ↑ Bill Abracht's campaign website, Policy & Positions
- ↑ Illinois State Board of Elections "Candidate List," December 5, 2011
- ↑ Illinois State Board of Elections, "Official 2012 Primary Results"
- ↑ Illinois State Board of Elections, “Official Vote - November 6, 2012 General Election,” accessed December 31, 2012