|Candidate for |
Mississippi Senate District 39
Boerner is an attorney and owns a small law firm in south Mississippi.
He earned a B.A. in political science from Millsaps College and a J.D. from the University of Mississippi School of Law.
- See also: Mississippi State Senate elections, 2011
Boerner ran in the 2011 election for Mississippi Senate District 39. He defeated David Nichols, II in the primary on August 2, 2011, but lost to Sally Doty in a primary runoff election on August 23, 2011. W.L. Rayburn defeated Michael Smith in the Democratic primary. The general election took place on November 8, 2011.
|Mississippi State Senate, District 39 Republican Primary Runoff, 2011|
|Mississippi State Senate, District 39 Republican Primary, 2011|
|David Nichols, II||17.6%||1,059|
Boerner and his wife, Merrie, have three children and five grandchildren.
- Mississippi Department of State, "2011 Official State Senate Candidate List," accessed April 2, 2015
- Clarion Ledger, "Longwitz, Harkins apparent winners in GOP Senate races," August 23, 2011
- WDAM "Election 2011 Runoff Results," August 23, 2011
- Sun Herald, "Legislative incumbents toppled," August 23, 2011