|Virginia State Senate District 40|
|January 11, 2016|
|Years in position||1|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 8, 2011|
|First elected||November 8, 2011|
|Next election||November 3, 2015|
|Virginia House of Delegates District 5|
|Birthday||November 6, 1961|
|Place of birth||Marion, VA|
|Profession||State Trooper (retired)|
Carrico is a retired State Trooper.
In the 2012-2013 legislative session, Carrico served on the following committees:
In the 2010-2011 legislative session, Carrico served on the following committees:
- General Laws
- Housing Subcommittee
- Professions/Occupations and Administrative Process Subcommittee
- Subcommittee #2 (Chair)
- Militia, Police and Public Safety
- Subcommittee #3 (Chair)
- HB 1653 Driver's license; provisional; issuance to person less than 19 yrs. old.
- HB 1654 Driver's licensees; examination of one believed to be incompetent.
- HB 1655 Firearms; award of court costs, etc., to entity that prevails in action challenging locality.
- HB 1753 Judges; if convicted of felony, etc., and all apeal rights terminated, his next term shall expire.
- See also: Virginia State Senate elections, 2011
Carrico has stressed his experience in the House, saying that, if elected, he could make a smooth transition to the Senate. "I've earned the respect of those people in the Senate and the House. They know me, they trust me, they've worked with me," he stated.
|Virginia State Senate, District 40 General Election, 2011|
On November 3, 2009, Carrico won re-election to the 5th District Seat in the Virginia House of Delegates.
Carrico raised $62,111 for his campaign. 
|Virginia House of Delegates, District 5 (2009)|
|Charles (Bill) Carrico (R)||13,569||99.0%|
Carrico's campaign website lists the following issues:
- Less Spending - Lower Taxes
- Excerpt: "As our State Senator, fiscal conservative Bill Carrico will continue voting to cut spending, lower our taxes, and get our fiscal house in order - just as he has in the House of Delegates."
- Improving Education
- Excerpt: "We have to get back to basics. To improve education in our area and across Southwest Virginia, we must make sure that more education dollars are directed to the classroom."
- Creating Jobs
- Excerpt: "As our State Senator, Bill Carrico will work to strengthen existing small businesses, which are the backbone of our economy."
- Promoting Coal
- Excerpt: "Our nation runs on coal and as our State Senator, Bill Carrico will continue supporting the mining industry by fighting the EPA and extremists who want to shut down the lifeblood of our unique Southwest Virginia economy. "
- Protecting Agriculture
- Excerpt: "Bill opposes eminent domain laws that threaten farms and will fight to ensure farmers have the resources they need to succeed."
- Health Care for our Families
- Excerpt: "As our State Senator, Bill will push back against the Washington DC bureaucrats seeking to take medical decisions out of the hands of doctors and patients."
In 2011, Carrico received $260,451 in campaign donations. The top contributors are listed below.
|Virginia State Senate 2011 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Bill Carrico's campaign in 2011|
|Opportunity Virginia PAC||$37,500|
|Virginia Republican Party||$35,144|
|Carrico For Delegate||$27,689|
|Alpha Natural Resources||$11,796|
|Hills Trucking Co||$10,000|
|Total Raised in 2011||$260,451|
|Total Votes received in 2011||31,333|
|Cost of each vote received||$8.31|
The top 5 donors to Carrico's 2009 campaign:
|Alpha Natural Resources||$8,546|
|Hills Trucking Co||$4,500|
|Virginia Automobile & Truck Dealers Assoc||$4,000|
- Senate website
- Bill Carrico's campaign website
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions:2009, 2007, 2005, 2003
- Richmond Sunlight profile
- Virginia Public Access Project profile
- ↑ Project Vote Smart - Delegate Carrico
- ↑ Bill Tracking - Legislation as Chief Patron
- ↑ Virginia State Board of Elections - November 2011 General Election Official Results
- ↑ WCYB, "Another Va. State Senate Race Heats Up," November 3, 2011
- ↑ [http://www.vpap.org/candidates/profile/elections/54848 Elections History: Charles (Bill) Carrico
- ↑ Follow the Money - 2011 contributions
- ↑ Follow the Money - 2009 Campaign Contributions
|Virginia State Senate District 40
| Succeeded by|
|Virginia House of Delegates District 5
| Succeeded by|