|West Virginia State Senate District 6|
|December 1, 2012 – present|
|December 1, 2016|
|Years in position||2|
|Per diem||$131/day during session|
|Elections and appointments|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 8, 2016|
|West Virginia House of Delegates, District 24|
|May 28, 2010 - November 2, 2010|
Cole served in the West Virginia House of Delegates, representing District 24 after his appointment on May 28, 2010, until the term expired on November 2, 2010.
Bill Cole earned his B.A. in Business Administration from Northwood University. He holds an Associates degree in Automotive Marketing from Northwood Institute.
Cole is an automobile dealer and owner of Cole Automotive Group in Bluefield and Bill Cole Automall in Ashland, Kentucky.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Cole served on the following committees:
|West Virginia Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Government Organization|
|• Transportation and Infrastructure|
|• Enrolled Bills|
|• Joint Education|
|• Joint Government Organization|
|• Joint Judiciary|
While a member of the West Virginia House of Delegates, Cole served on the following committees:
|West Virginia Committee Assignments, 2010|
|• Energy, Industry and Labor, Economic Development and Small Business|
|• Political Subdivisions|
|• Senior Citizen Issues|
Cole ran in the 2012 election for West Virginia State Senate, District 6. Cole ran unopposed in the May 8 primary election and defeated incumbent Mark Wills (D) in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|West Virginia State Senate, District 6, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Mark Wills Incumbent||43%||9,034|
Cole completed the term of his appointment which was until the November 2, 2010, general election. He did not run for election to the office.
Comprehensive donor information for Cole is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Cole raised a total of $297,909 during that time period. This information was last updated on July 24, 2013.
|Bill Cole's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||West Virginia State Senate, District 6||$297,909|
|Grand Total Raised||$297,909|
2012Cole won election to the West Virginia State Senate in 2012. During that election cycle, Cole raised a total of $297,909.
|West Virginia State Senate 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Bill Cole's campaign in 2012|
|Cole, Thomas J||$2,000|
|Cole II, William Paul||$2,000|
|West Virginia Automobile & Truck Dealers Association||$2,000|
|Cole, Carol M||$2,000|
|Total Raised in 2012||$297,909|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Cole and his wife, Brownie, have four children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Bill + Cole + West Virginia + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- West Virginia State Legislature
- West Virginia State Senate
- West Virginia Senate Committees
- West Virginia Joint Committees
- West Virginia state legislative districts
- Senate Office Website
- Official campaign website
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2012
- Bill Cole on Facebook
- Bill Cole on YouTube
- West Virginia State Legislature, "House biography - Rep. Cole," accessed April 30, 2014
- WBOY.com, "West Virginia General Election Results November 6, 2012," accessed November 7, 2012
- West Virginia Secretary of State, "Statewide Results - General Election - November 6, 2012," accessed February 12, 2014
- West Virginia Secretary of State, "Statewide Results - Primary Election - May 8, 2012," accessed February 12, 2014
- followthemoney.org, "Cole, Bill," accessed July 24, 2013
John Fanning (D)
|West Virginia State Senate District 6
| Succeeded by|
|West Virginia House of Delegates District 24
May 2010 – November 2010
| Succeeded by|
Marty Gearheart (R)